Corsair Community

Purpose of firmware 5.02

asamsing

According SandForce:

The firmware used on SandForce Driven SSDs is uniquely manufactured for each SSD OEM and system manufacturer, and for that reason any firmware updates created by SandForce are provided through them, not SandForce.

And with a NDA we get nothing.

NDA stands for Non-disclosure agreement.

A non-disclosure agreement (NDA), also known as a confidentiality agreement (CA), confidential disclosure agreement (CDA), proprietary information agreement (PIA), or secrecy agreement, is a legal contract between at least two parties that outlines confidential material, knowledge, or information that the parties wish to share with one another for certain purposes, but wish to restrict access to or by third parties. It is a contract through which the parties agree not to disclose information covered by the agreement. An NDA creates a confidential relationship between the parties to protect any type of confidential and proprietary information or trade secrets. As such, an NDA protects nonpublic business information.

Source: Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-disclosure_agreement

• 3 weeks later...
I demand a better release notes as well. Coming from a firmware (H/W & S/W) myself, end-users/customers are required to have a detailed release notes for each release that is available for download. I have a Force3 180GB drive.

Archived