Corsair Community

Problem after flashing Link Commander

petejk

The Link Commander unit is now no longer recognised by the Corsair Link software. I am able to go through the flashing process a second time, and restart, but still no joy. I am using Link v 1.2.5.

Is there a link for either the original firmware, or an updated version which will fix my problem, as I am extremely reluctant to RMA the unit being that it is installed in my sole desktop PC. The firmware I flashed is CorsairLinkUSBFW_1.2.0.s19

Regards,

Damn - so you're in the same position as me now.

The facility to flash the commander unit is still there however, so I am optimistic that a new firmware will surface soon that will fix this problem.

Due to the lack of software fan control with a bricked commander my gfx card is now idling at 13degrees higher than before

One has to wonder how many of these Digital Link setups that Corsair has sold given the lacklustre support and the lack of reviews online.

I dont think that we will be able to reflash the unit as the siftware does not recognize it and therefore cant comunicate with it...

Did the software tell you that it had to be restarted in order to complete the process??

I also rember a windows popup notification about looking for a driver for a new device

After the flash I can still go to Device Management in the Link Software and reflash the latest version. Not that it helps - my device is still a $140 brick.

BUT, it goves me hope that if a newer fully functioning firmware was released I could unbrick the commander

Funny, someone deleted my other thread/post!!!
You both said the same things in both threads, there's no need for two threads. Incidentally you should have received an automated PM stating that the thread was removed.

Cool, well just hoping for a resolution. With the original firmware/software functionality was basic but acceptable, just hoping that I can use my Commander again without having mail it back, being that the firmware flash functionality is still present

I heard, but only after I applied the firmware update.

Which means I received the advice not to **** with my Commander after I had done exactly that.

My point is that I am a typical user.. that looks for a solution only after a problem surfaces. This is a big problem for me

If we were getting the support from Corsair that we needed, I would not have to be spending MY TIME trying to help these poor guys out like they should be doing.

I find YOUR post distracting. At least I am trying to help. If you had something to say to me YOU should have sent me a PM.

How about putting a stickey at the top of these forums that says NOT TO FLASH YOUR FIRMWARE!!!! I have been asking for that for weeks now. I had to post it myself but it is getting bumped down. How about moving it up at least?

I bet you will just delete this too. How about helping get us the help we have been begging for???

The thread that I started and got deleted said excactly that, becareful updating your firmware!!! And I get told that both petejk and I said the same thing. NO... NOT AT ALL! I clearly posted a warning, including system specifics as to what happend in my scenario.

This whole product is kind of messed up. Corsairs answer? RMA... This is unaceptable in my opinion...

WIRED.....you are the most anal, have nothing else better to do, don't help us out towards customer needs "forums administrator" I have ever met. You need to stop your rude power tripping needs. I've complained a little about your rudeness to Corsair HQ's before and am willing to take it up a notch and bring it up to the Corsair Chain if I need too and trust me I can and will if needed to be. I've bought countless products from corsair and I'am sure they'll take my side (customer) over yours. We're all frustrated with a pricy product and who cares if people go a bit off topic or not. Were all here to help each other out and not have our posts deleted because they posted something similar to it. You have a rude attitude about the littlest things. Stop dictating the forums and allow people to express (freedom of speech)anything they have to say and do something better with your time. Thank you.

Warning: Don't delete this post. I have screenshots and copys.

• Corsair Employee

The posts that were removed had no bearing to this thread and thus were removed.

petejk,

And anyone else who tried to update the software now the link in not working I am sorry but I would suggest we replace the unit. Please use the link on the left and request an RMA then contact our customer service and explain the situation I am sure they will take care of you and replace it. If you have any question when you speak to our customer service just ask them to conference me in the conversation and we will do our best to work it out.

The bigger point here is whay do we have to BEG for some help!!! I have talked to you guys twice by phone and countless posts later there are days going by before any of you read what we are posting and answering our questions. I have asked you WEEKS ago to put a stickey at the top of this forum that tells people NOT TO UPDATE THEIR FIRMWARE!!! but as of now you have yet to do that WHY NOT???? How hard is that? You have a big problem with this product and we are all getting more that a little upset over the level of support we have received. Your answer seems to be just RMA it. Wow, what will that end up costing you? This product should nbever have been released in the shape it was in. Now you guys have to try to fix it.

BUT if keep up trying to ignore the problems and not reading these forums regularly and not really helping us out like you have been doing (only suggesting RMAs) then your reputation will begin to suffer. There are other websites that review hardware that are aware of the problems with the Link. It is not a secret. Do you really want us all letting them know what a shoddy job Corsair has been doing not supporting it? Have you realized yet how upset we are??

Please help us out!

I have a dumb question, why is there even a link to 1.2.5 since you know there is a real issue with it, so more people can brick the units? or so more people get upset that it does still not work. Some other advice is to update the community as to progress on a update/patch. I'm at the point of just returning it, getting my money and looking for other options who will show better support and some concern. The least you guys could do is take out the firmware update option so more people don't brick the unit and put up patches daily till all the bugs get worked out, moreover I bought this as a finished product, just like microsoft O.S. it should work right out of the box and give out updates as needed for tweeks, not sell me a completly usless product. In closure we should get a portion of our money back as we are beta testers, I cant justify spending 140$ to help corsair work out bugs over the next year before the unit even functions!!:mad: The unit should have been sold to work, and fix the one off problems as you go. UGH no faith in corsair anymore, if all your othere products have same support then Ill take it as a sign to stay away from other corsair products.

• Corsair Employee

For most people there is no problem with the latest version of the software (1.2.5) a few on this forum the most vocal have expressed in a fashion that this is a catastrophic failure and the sky is falling. The is not the case and we have not been able to duplicate the failure that a few have experienced.

Making this into a some big problem will not help you or help us to help you solve the issue.

The way to solve this is to create your own thread and explain the symptoms you see and we will do our best to help you. With your complete system information and the version of our software that is loaded

Cussing and or breaking the rules on the forum will not be tolerated.

Again,

The problem is with you not reading and responding to our posts. So don't try to make me or anyone else the bad guy. You released this product and then just about forgot about it. I have several posts BEGGING for some answers and I only got silence from you. I had to call up twice and beg for some help. No one should have to go days or longer waiting for answers from you. I check these forums several times a day. Why can't you? I have taken my time to PM people here with some advice and all I get is scolded for telling someone to check their email. I know for a fact that the firmware has bricked several H100s and Links. The problem is not with the software update (1.2.5) it is with the firmware! John (head of tech support) has told me that there is no need to update the firmware. I even sent him the file. So which is it??? Do we update the firmware or not? Why can't you put a sticky about it at the top of this page explaining the risks of doing so? Is it too embarassing? Is it because several reviewing sites are aware of the problems with this thing that you are trying to downplay it? I know new products have problems. As an early adopter I know that and forgive the growing pains. What is unforgivable is the lack of communication and support you have given us. I expect you to "sanitize" these threads so you make me look bad instead of yourself. Just read the forums and give us help. That is all we are asking for. I don't think that is too much to ask.

Archived