Corsair Community

Corsair One Top internal Fan not working

Soliloquy

I've noticed the fan inside the top of my Corsair One isn't working or at least isn't on. I doubt it's been on since I bought it a few months ago. Is this not meant to be on constantly?

How do I turn it on?

I updated the Corsair Link which now at least shows it now but obviously at 0 rpm.

Just wondering if it should be on, if so, how I turn it on and by not being on will this cause any overheating issues?

• Corsair Employee

Hi Soliloquy

You can carefully remove the top panel and check if the fan cable got disconnected or damaged in anyway. There should be a button you can press on the back panel of the ONE that should release the latch for the top panel. Your top fan should always be on. Keep me posted .

Hi Soliloquy

You can carefully remove the top panel and check if the fan cable got disconnected or damaged in anyway. There should be a button you can press on the back panel of the ONE that should release the latch for the top panel. Your top fan should always be on. Keep me posted .

Thanks. I shutdown the PC, and popped it open to see. It seemed ok. I then I disconnected it and then re-connected it to the fan and then booted it up but nothing. Tried twice.

What are my options here? I've not had it that long. I don't want to damage it by having it on.

Thanks. I shutdown the PC, and popped it open to see. It seemed ok. I then I disconnected it and then re-connected it to the fan and then booted it up but nothing. Tried twice.

What are my options here? I've not had it that long. I don't want to damage it by having it on.

Log into Corsair's support site. Create a ticket explaining the problem. Get the ticket #. Then...

You have two support options...

Standard RMA... ship the system back. Wait for it to be fixed or a replacement shipped back.

Advanced RMA... Corsair support sends you a PayPal invoice to process a $ hold (they'll tell you how much), and you get an RMA replacement shipped out as soon as they see you shipped back your system. If they receive your original (broken) system, after inspection if all is good (you didn't put rocks in a box to make it shipping weight) they refund the $ "hold".

Note that my Advanced RMA shipped out from overseas. I think it was Hong Kong. So there's some processing/shipping time involved, but it's not bad. I've had worse Advanced RMA times with other companies from TX to NY.

Archived