Corsair Community

Dark Core SE Mouse (Wired) Issues

Lord Wreath

Hi, I'm new here!

So I've had my Corsair mouse for about 2 months now and have loved everything about it ... except for the lingering issue with the wired connection.

The mouse works fine wirelessly, but whenever I go to use it wired, it'll work for about 5ish minutes and then randomly stop responding. All the lights on the mouse will freeze (as in stop cycling through the colours) and the ICUE application will list the device as 'malfunctioning'. In fact, the only way I can fix it is to turn the mouse completely off and disconnect the cable.

I've tried everything I can think of; using it with the preset defaults, a factory reset, different USB ports, both 2.0 and 3.0, reinstalling the firmware - nothing fixes it. It even happens when ICUE isn't installed, go figure.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

EDIT: Interesting update, when I tried disconnecting and reconnecting my K70 Lux RGB while fiddling with the mouse, the keyboard was not being recognised by my system - it would stay in the default red colouring, not type and not show up in ICUE - as soon as I disconnected the mouse and turned it off/on again, the keyboard was instantly recognised.

That's a good idea, hadn't thought of that actually. I'll try that and see what happens.

As for the reset, as far as I'm aware I've done both with no success.

Performing a soft reset is as simple as pressing update on the firmware settings and following the instructions. This is more of an overwrite.

A hard reset is a physical reset in which the button bellow the top mouse foot is pressed with a needle.This will restore the mouses firmware to factory settings.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the delay! Anyway, the issue still happens when the device is charging via a wall outlet (i.e. not connected to a computer at all). Surely this means the device itself is faulty?

EDIT: I should mention that this even happens when the mouse is turned off - the green charging light will freeze.

Performing a soft reset is as simple as pressing update on the firmware settings and following the instructions. This is more of an overwrite.

A hard reset is a physical reset in which the button bellow the top mouse foot is pressed with a needle.This will restore the mouses firmware to factory settings.

I have tried this hard reset, and it doesn't appear to do anything in my case. It will cause the mouse to freeze and be unresponsive with no lights if I hold it while I turn on the mouse other than that the pin-hole button has done nothing. My issue is the mouse failed a firmware update a week ago and stopped using custom commands while plugged in, the battery is 'not connected' when plugged in and it refuses to update the firmware(I get stuck on the message to toggle the switches and if I unplug the dongle, even when plugged in, the device disappears from the software.) I have tried with other wires and still the same result.

Archived