Corsair Community

H100i powers on for a split second then shuts down.

Fivefeetoffury

I know there have been many documented issues with the H100i and I've been trying to fix my particular unit for the last 5 hours. This unit I bought refurbished from newegg and received today. After putting my new computer together and having the pump function for an hour or so without issue it now will not turn on.

I've read through many of the threads that offer solutions and literally tried them all. I've tried re-seating the unit on the cpu, plugging the unit in to different USB headers on the motherboard, reinstalling the newest corsair link, reinstalling the OLD corsair link, fooling around with the registry, disabling the legacy usb ports and various unplugging and replugging of the usb header and power connection. When I plug in the fans directly into the motherboard they spin great so I know those are working.

Whenever I turn on my computer the LED on top of the pump lights up for half a second and the fans make a couple rotations, then both immediately power down. The pump isn't on (it's making no audible sound and isn't getting very warm) and the fans do not spin. Corsair Link is not detecting the fans or the pump. The rest of my computer works fine sans this pump.

The issue seems to be a power one. I'm wondering why the unit powers on for a split second them immediately shuts down. I've tried plugging in the SATA power cord in to all of the slots coming from my corsair PSU and none of them turn the H100i on. Those slots from the PSU however do power on other units I plug into them.

I love Corsair but this is beyond frustrating and I'm wondering if in my frustration I've over looked something? Has anyone else had this issue? It's looking like I may have to RMA this unit :(.

I've tried plugging the fans into different headers on the motherboard, they work fine, it's just when I plug the fans into the pump itself do they not work.

My whole system works fine, everything boots fine, loads fine, plays fine - except for this cooler. I've put in the stock cpu cooler for now while I try to figure out what to do.

its been my understanding that initially on boot and getting a couple seconds of fan spin,then stopping indicates a controller issue in the hydro.,,this can be bypassed by connecting the fans to another source such as the m/b,fan controller ect...

an easy way to tell if the pump is working is go into your bios and look to see what the pumps reading which should be ~2250 rpm.

of course with the fans running if the system stays cool then obviously the pumps working.the hydro has a default profile it uses to cool things...

Archived