Corsair Community

H100i popcorning noise

Gazimoff

I've been trying to get to the bottom of a noise issue with a Corsair H100i, with no success. The pump makes a random popping or ticking noise, sometimes infrequently, sometimes constantly. It's not a regular ticking, and is definitely coming from the pump unit.

I've tried the following to eliminate the noise, with varying amounts of success.

* Connect radiator fans to motherboard fan headers - no change

* Connect pump to different SATA power connector - no change

* Unbolt radiator from case and hold above pump - noise stops

* Place case on side so that radiator is above pump - noise stops

Is this a known issue with AIO coolers and the 250D's layout, or is the pump faulty?

As it is, I'm not having much joy with Corsair kit at the mo - the headphone socket on the 250D case died yesterday.

Here's a video of the Corsair H100i popcorning in my rig:

[ame]

[/ame]

Not sure what to do about it - I've just submitted an RMA request, and Corsair want me to either ship it back to NL (at my own expense), or give them $100 upfront for them to ship me something out. Feeling kinda disappointed here.

• 4 months later...
Here's a video of the Corsair H100i popcorning in my rig:

Not sure what to do about it - I've just submitted an RMA request, and Corsair want me to either ship it back to NL (at my own expense), or give them $100 upfront for them to ship me something out. Feeling kinda disappointed here.

I got the same noise in my H105....Time to RMA.

• 8 months later...

Archived