Corsair Community

Crazy cool what you can do with a couple long paper strips

Sacco Belmonte

Wrap them in a triangular shape (no tape used) so they can be held by the magnets.

I'm using the Corsair 4 strip set in my Channel 2 (Lighting Node Pro)

I found they work better with some kind of diffuser and paper seems to be the right thing. If you don't go real close and even if you do so it looks like white acrylic.

[ame]

[/ame]

UPDATE: Here is a diagram of the paper (cut and fold). Simple stuff.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gNqtiXUthtdfqC7Mt2uZbpiSs3B_c-Oy/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bVoMzxE_Z3KPR-btpkfhb27bGsiQoP17/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Sacco Belmonte

I fund it works wonders if there is some distance from the paper and the LEDs

Also by wrapping them as a triangle they hold in place better and also wrap the LEDs to bounce and better diffuse the light.

yeah I agree.. i am limited for space in the gap i have them in, so getting it right is a work in progress.. cant get your fingers in there is the hardest part lol

By triangle I mean folding a long strip of paper in three equal parts along its long axis so you can form a triangular "tube"...I used big paper, much bigger than A4 (I think it is A3 or A2)

That way it helps making them more rigid and retain the shape, also you can use the magnets to hold one of its sides.

It will be easier to fold in half, then fold the two halves once more in half than trying to calculate the exact third on each fold. Kein problem, as the triangle doesn't need to be prefect. (only needs to be straight)....it can be a square too or a round tube if you want.

Taping the tube together might be undesirable as you might want to easily open it and place the strip inside before sticking it with the magnets onto the chassis.

Edited by Sacco Belmonte

• 2 years later...
WOW! That was really impressive. I like the Matrix like patterns running on your RAM and I can't figure out how you pulled off the lighting behind your astronaut guy. Its like a littel stage in your PC! This whole things looks custom to me, and synced to the music. Are you using Open RGB or JackNet? This is not off the shelf stuff.

The music being in sync is a mere coincidence :)

The Matrix effect on the TridentZ Neo was made using the G.Skilll software, each on a "comet" animation but at a different speed.

The lighting behind "Sark" (see TRON 1) is a 1080p screen in which I play a video I made and exported from ZGEditor (FL Studio) and played via Wallpaper Engine... note that at the front there is a UV light strip so Sark's orange accents pop out.

The base where Sark is standing is a Wraith Prism cooler with a trimmed piece of acrylic from an old CD cover. I spent some time playing with the "Mirage" effect on the Prism fan RGB.

I'm very glad you like it :) It has been many hours thinking and modding.

Edited by Sacco Belmonte

Regarding light diffusion, something i wanted to experiment is hacking into a dead LCD monitor to cut the various layers on top of the panel. these sheets are already used often in DIY to make soft boxes for room lighting. Could be a sturdier solution than paper if it works well :)

Do love me a well drawn diagram.. props to the 'artist'!

Thanks for the share man.

did you know LS100 strips have arrived?. even better diffusion behind your folds :)

• 1 month later...
Do love me a well drawn diagram.. props to the 'artist'!

Thanks for the share man.

did you know LS100 strips have arrived?. even better diffusion behind your folds :)

Hi. I checked the new strips.

I measured my case and it seems I can swap all 4 strips with 4 of the 450mm ones. (2 x 450 expansion kit)

I see they're 27 lights each which sounds really nice compared to my existing strips.

Questions are:

- Can the LNP deal with 4 of these connected in series through one of the LNP ports? I would like to just swap the old ones with the new ones, hopefully without having to mod anything.

- Do they also come with an extension cable or can I use the old one? I rather not buy the starter kit as I don't need the short strips or probably the controller (if these new are LNP comatible)

What I'm really looking forward is to see you guys releasing 200MM LL fans so I can replace my cooler master fans with iCUE compatible ones. :)

Edited by Sacco Belmonte

Hi. I checked the new strips.

I measured my case and it seems I can swap all 4 strips with 4 of the 450mm ones. (2 x 450 expansion kit)

I see they're 27 lights each which sounds really nice compared to my existing strips.

Questions are:

- Can the LNP deal with 4 of these connected in series through one of the LNP ports? I would like to just swap the old ones with the new ones, hopefully without having to mod anything.

- Do they also come with an extension cable or can I use the old one? I rather not buy the starter kit as I don't need the short strips or probably the controller (if these new are LNP comatible)

What I'm really looking forward is to see you guys releasing 200MM LL fans so I can replace my cooler master fans with iCUE compatible ones. :)

Hi bud,, yes you can use with the Node Pro.. and yes it can handle 4 of them. and yes normal extensions work (cant recall if you get any with LS expansion packs though).

Oh wow that's great news. I just placed an order then. Yes they do come with an extension cable. :)

Thanks for the heads up. I wasn't aware these existed.

I currently have my 4 of the old strips connected to one extension all going into one LNP channel.

What should I choose in the LNP LED setup for that channel? "External RGB Light Strips" (4 of them)?

I'll post the results once I get them on.

I'm pretty excited cause these are more than double the LED count. Is gonna look awesome.

Edited by Sacco Belmonte