Corsair Community

H100i GTX cooler fan speed problem

Woomzi

Hey, recently i bought a H100i GTX cooler, and when the fan speed increases, the speed starts going up and down. Even when I stop playing and the temperatures goes back to normal, the "breathing" continues until i restart de computer.

After the restart the fan speed goes back to normal and it stays normal until i do something that make the fans speed up.

How can i solve this? Is this a cooler problem or there is a workaround?

It sounds like a wacky internal fan controller, but it is hard to rule out a software glitch. What version of iCUE or Link are you using? Will the cooler hold a steady fan speed if you set it to fixed % or RPM?

Probably unrelated, but make sure you set the motherboard header powering the GTX to 100%/Full Speed/Disabled or however your BIOS describes a full 12v signal. If you don't, it prevents the pump and fans from getting their required juice and things behave strangely.

I would start a support ticket through the link at the top of this page. That is the first step in the warranty claim process and you will need to detail the problem to them as well. I am not certain the cooler is malfunctioning, but there is no reason to wait and not troubleshoot on both ends.

The 100% curve looks a little wavy. I would also set a 50% (or similar non-maximal speed) as a comparison point and include both images with your support ticket. If both are wavy, that should prevent the argument the fans/controller are naturally this way at maximum. Obviously since the fans are running at maximum, the voltage to the unit is at 12v so the second paragraph in my original response is not a factor. Best guess it is a malfunctioning fan controller.

It does this all the time? Short term relief might be moving the fans from the H100i GTX to the motherboard. Not ideal since you can't use coolant temp as the control source, but probably better than the pulsing.

Setting the fans on the cooler to 100% is not the same as setting the motherboard header that the pump is connected to to 100%. Make sure that your motherboard header is set to 100%/Full Speed/Q-Fan disabled.

Since you've not entered your system specs, I can't tell what motherboard you have so I can't provide any more specific guidance.

Archived