The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Audio

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-13-2018, 01:03 PM
Jaron780's PC Specs

POST ID # = 963343
Jaron780 Reputation: 10
Default Corsair HS70 Wireless - Static in left ear only

When I have the headset connected but no sounds playing i hear a slight static in the left ear only. If i play a video and pause it the static is quieter then a second or two later it gets louder and stays that way till i play the sounds/video again. I've tried different ports on the computer for the receiver. I've tried different computers all together. But its really bugging me and im not sure what to do.

Old 07-17-2018, 01:57 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 963943
Corsair Mint Reputation: 31

Hi Jaron780, have you tried reinstalling the firmware for the headset in iCUE?

Old 07-18-2018, 01:59 PM
Jaron780's PC Specs

POST ID # = 964144

Yea i force updated it a few times and its still there. Funny enough DURING the update process the static goes away but after the update finishes it comes back. and the static is not there till a second or so AFTER the bootup sound like its perfectly quiet then the bootup sound then a second or two later the static comes back, seems like it could just be a firmware bug or something. Also another thing to note, The volume knob, does not affect the static at all. i could have the volume slider all the way down and hear the static just as clearly even if i had it max volume

Also, When I play a youtube video for example i cant notice the static. and if i pause the video after like 3 seconds or so the static in the left ear comes back. So it almost seems to be connected to it being in standby/receiving no audio. So it may just be a firmware issue and not a hardware issue (i hope)

Last edited by Jaron780; 07-18-2018 at 02:09 PM. Reason: added more detail

Old 07-18-2018, 03:49 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 964171
Corsair Mint Reputation: 31

Interesting, it sounds like a connection issue in this case, since audio volume factoring in. Almost like there's heavy interference that the headset isn't able to cope with. Can you see if you have any wireless devices near the wireless dongle? Maybe try re-positioning the wireless dongle to a different position to see if that helps.

Old 07-18-2018, 06:02 PM
Jaron780's PC Specs

POST ID # = 964195

I don't think its Connection related, I've tried different usb ports, Shielded ones, 10 ft long usb cable extensions, tried it in a laptop, all have the same result. and ive tried almost directly next to the headset, so i dont think its connection related. But heres the main thing. When i play a video and audio comes through its absolutely perfect. and if i lower the volume from 100 all the way down to 1 to the point where i cant even hear it THere is no static (the static should be loud enough that i can hear it at that volume but i dont) and i stop the video after 2-3 seconds of perfect clear silence the static comes back. So i think its something with the firmware and the headset being in some sort of standby or something that causes it. TL:DR the static is ONLY active when there is NO audio being sent from the computer.

Old 07-19-2018, 01:54 AM
Kadudiniz's PC Specs

POST ID # = 964235
Kadudiniz Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaron780 View Post
I don't think its Connection related, I've tried different usb ports, Shielded ones, 10 ft long usb cable extensions, tried it in a laptop, all have the same result. and ive tried almost directly next to the headset, so i dont think its connection related. But heres the main thing. When i play a video and audio comes through its absolutely perfect. and if i lower the volume from 100 all the way down to 1 to the point where i cant even hear it THere is no static (the static should be loud enough that i can hear it at that volume but i dont) and i stop the video after 2-3 seconds of perfect clear silence the static comes back. So i think its something with the firmware and the headset being in some sort of standby or something that causes it. TL:DR the static is ONLY active when there is NO audio being sent from the computer.
I have the same problem, also when I plug it into the PS4 the static sound on the left side still the same

Last edited by Kadudiniz; 07-19-2018 at 01:57 AM.

Old 07-19-2018, 05:00 PM
Jaron780's PC Specs

POST ID # = 964370

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadudiniz View Post
I have the same problem, also when I plug it into the PS4 the static sound on the left side still the same
I sorta found a temp solution until there is a firmware patch for it or something. I found that opening a tab in the background of one of those (10 hour music videos) or whatever and muting the video but leave it playing. Somehow that makes the static go away. So a muted video that's playing on youtube in chrome somehow is making the static go away So i just leave one of those open all day (i don't have any internet bandwidth limits so i'm fine for that)

Old 07-23-2018, 01:01 AM
Kadudiniz's PC Specs

POST ID # = 965009
Kadudiniz Reputation: 10

Did you try to contact Corsair warranty?

Last edited by Kadudiniz; 07-23-2018 at 09:33 PM.

Old 07-23-2018, 05:50 PM
Jaron780's PC Specs

POST ID # = 965122

No I haven't, I don't think its a fault with the hardware though. it seems almost like a firmware or software thing that can be fixed that way instead of wasting support time with an issue that might not even be a hardware issue. And the fact that playing a muted video on youtube fixing the static is even more proof to me that its a firmware or software thing

Old 07-23-2018, 07:12 PM

POST ID # = 965138
Cabooze Reputation: 10

I have the same problem only with mine the static does not go away even with a youtube video or some other audio source playing. I've tried all the previously mentioned stuff as well, still static, all the time, very disappointing.

Old 08-10-2018, 05:47 PM

POST ID # = 968013
IamYous3f Reputation: 10

I've had the same Issue with the hs70. when i turn on the headset there is no white noise on the left ear. when i PAIR the headset the noise starts on the left ear cup. I tried to turn off all the wifi devices or anything using 2.4 frequency and still the same. I've tried it on different computers and the noise is still there. when playing audio the noise is not noticeable but after a while you start to feel small pain in the left ear. After troubleshooting my pc, tried all the sounds settings but no fix yet. I thought maybe this is a problem with the pair I bought so I went the next day to replace it. got a new pair and guess what, the problem did not get fixed and the noise is still there. I think the problem is with the USB dongle because if you turn on the headset while the usb is not connected to the pc, you dont hear a noise but as soon as you connect it, the noise starts

Old 08-11-2018, 04:01 PM
xtrimcs's PC Specs

POST ID # = 968130
xtrimcs Reputation: 10

Hello,

Just backing up Jaron780's statement. I also own a pair of HS70 and his description of the issue is very accurate. I tried with iCUE and without, same result.

To remind any Corsair employees reading this : Static noise in left ear only when headset on standby and paired, not receiving any sound. Playing a sound (even at lowest possible volume) will stop the static. Simple test : pair your hs70, click on windows volume bar (it makes a "ting" sound to indicate volume level), wait 1-3 sec. Static is low but once you hear it cannot be unheard.

Last edited by xtrimcs; 08-11-2018 at 04:03 PM.

Old 08-11-2018, 08:42 PM

POST ID # = 968157
BeHaze Reputation: 10

Same prob here. Buzzing noise only in the left ear. I had opend a Post on the German Forums but they are most likely dead.
I tested my HS even on a Laptop in a Park there was nothing but my dogs next to me nothing to interfere but still the noise is there. Ive contacted Amazon for a exchange to "test" another one and hope that it will be better if not im very sad cause its sounds great

Old 08-15-2018, 08:52 PM
Subzie's PC Specs

POST ID # = 968776
Subzie Reputation: 10

Well i have the same issue, consistant static when no sound is being played, sound quality is very very poor, no bass in the headset at all, as as mine was purchased from Ebay, i think the person who sold it to me has pulled off the bloody serial number sticker which has left the warranty null and VOID.

Personally a shame as i was watching videos and people were raving about this headset, i get one and the sound just for me has no punch in the bass when listening to music

Old 09-09-2018, 09:39 PM

POST ID # = 972070
selfdestruct Reputation: 10

i have the same issue. only had the headset a few days i did not notice it when i first turned it on. maybe its the firmware update that i did. anyway of flashing a older one ?

Tags
hs70, left ear only, static, wireless