The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Audio

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-04-2017, 04:49 PM
Cranium's PC Specs

POST ID # = 929056
Cranium Reputation: 10
Default VOID Pro Directional sound is terrible

After using these a while, I absolutely hate these now for FPS games. I was just playing PUBG and thought I was getting shot from behind so spun around and was shooting looking for the person shooting me. I went down and died. The replay showed the guy was almost in front of me and I spun around to give him my back. No, I didn't have them on backwards.

I just ordered Turtle Beach Elite Pros. These are a waste of money until the day they fix the drivers (if it can be fixed with those).

Old 12-08-2017, 03:03 PM

POST ID # = 929656
Cromshadow Reputation: 10

Yes i have to agree, i have the Void Pro RGB it is inferior to my vengeance 1500 both for surround sound in 5.1/7.1 bass and software speaker positioning. I have $30 earbud that sound better than the VOID PRO using the CUE software. I dont think Corsair gives a s*it about their consumer base otherwise they wouldnt release a product with such horrid software. The sound for the RGB pro is flat and horrid. Wished i had my $125 i paid back but live and learn. I have no plans on EVER buying Corsair brand of headsets unless they change CUE to add positional features for 7.1 and 5.1 and fix the BASS issues with VOID PRO.

Last edited by Cromshadow; 12-08-2017 at 03:05 PM.

Old 12-08-2017, 06:28 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 929679
Corsair Nick Reputation: 39

This is some very interesting feedback about our new headsets and current software. Just so we can clarify some information, have your tried using the headset with CUE set to Stereo, and verified the game title supports and is set to surround mode?

While the drivers would be an easy suspect to consider with sound quality issues, when it comes to Dolby, the driver is built off of a format standard that doesn't allow for deviation.

Old 12-08-2017, 11:31 PM

POST ID # = 929712
Cromshadow Reputation: 10

Hello Corsair Nick,

I have used them in both Stereo and Dolby mode on multiple installs and different computers to get these headphones to sound as good as my Corsair Vengeance 1500v2. I play several games that support Dobly 5.1 and 7.1 namely Rainbow 6 siege. I did a side by side comparison between the Vengeance 1500v2 and The Void Pro RGB USB and while the drivers are the same the sound quality between them is as clear as day. While I cannot return the Void RGB PRO to my retailer i've boxed it back up and stuck it in a corner. I've literally tried older version of cue to get The Void Pro to work but unfortunately it seems to be a software issue rather than a hardware. What made me buy another Corsair headset after the left Cup came loose is the quality of the sound and the amazing 3D positioning of speakers within the Vengeance 1500v2 software. I have no doubt that the issues related to the flat sounds of the bass and the positional sound of the 5.1 and 7.1 with the Void pro lies in the CUE application drivers for that headset. I hope that a positional speaker Option is added to CUE for the Void pro as well as a driver update that will fix the flat sounds.

Last edited by Cromshadow; 12-09-2017 at 03:00 PM.

Old 04-16-2018, 07:19 PM

POST ID # = 950644
noyz102 Reputation: 10

Anyone find a solution to this? I bought the void pro because it is very comfortable and wireless. Unfortunately, the directional sound is horrible in pubg. Tried every setting possible (stereo, dolby, fps etc, mix and match) with the same result. My old $15 gaming headset blows my void pro out the water when it comes to directional sound. pls help.

Old 04-17-2018, 03:35 PM

POST ID # = 950767
majid051 Reputation: 10
Default The answers

The answers given by friends were great

Old 05-09-2018, 09:21 PM

POST ID # = 953997
TomatoJohnson Reputation: 10

I have to agree with the users on this thread. I created an account to discuss the surround sound features on the VOID Pro but turns out I'm not the only one finding lackluster quality in directional sound. This is extremely apparent in PUBG, less so in CS:GO, but I found using stereo mode is superior to the Dobly Stereo setting included in CUE. Moreover, I prefer using the pair of Sennheiser bluetooth headphones I have which also support Windows Sonic (Dolby Atmos was subpar) and wish that setting was available for CUE. The 8 channel audio is working, but it could be working better IMO and others as well so it seems.

Old 08-17-2018, 08:52 PM
Marca's PC Specs

POST ID # = 969150
Marca Reputation: 10

Guys If your having problem with audio quality i've got an Equalizer for the Void PRO RGB headset: you can also turn on Dolby Surround and get a better experience

Old 08-31-2018, 04:32 PM
lofoh's PC Specs

POST ID # = 970916
lofoh Reputation: 10

I am both sad and happy to see this post. I've been playing really bad lately and I was really hoping it wasn't my weed. I just can't figure out where everything is happening, sometimes even where my teammates are, and this is only noticeably happening in PUBG. Argh, I hope this gets fixed ASAP. So far, my experience with the Void pro has not been good (sidetone problem when lifting the mic with cue open and weird Dolby sound).