Corsair Community

Corsair Vengeance LPX JEDEC

arba

Hello

I tried to contact customer support of this case. Fast response but they only ask invoice etc and no answer of my question. I paid the machine at shop so I don't have receipt with my address. They refuse to answer because of that after 8 days.

Why my Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 32 Mt does not work if Voltage is lower than 1,3 V. JEDEC 2133 MHz 1,2 V is not stable but if I put voltage 1,3V or 1,35V system is rock stable wth speeds 2133-3200 MHz.

XMP works as well. But I don't want overclock my i7-7820 at all.

It works but only with overvoltage. Is that dangerous for my memory? Maximum voltage for DDR4 is 1,5 V I think.

Thank you

Petri

Overclocking the RAM has NOTHING to do with overclocking your i7-7820! When you bought 3200 Mhz RAM you need to run it on the XMP profile to get the full 3200 Mhz that you paid for. This will do NOTHING to your cpu and because the RAM is rated for this speed and voltage it's 100% safe!

The JEDEC standard profile for DDR4-2133 15-15-15 should work at 1.2V. Especially a kit with an XMP rating of DDR4-3200 would have lots of voltage headroom at such a low frequency. This might be a motherboard/compatibility issue though, so maybe add information on your MB model and which UEFI version is installed.

The JEDEC standard profile for DDR4-2133 15-15-15 should work at 1.2V. Especially a kit with an XMP rating of DDR4-3200 would have lots of voltage headroom at such a low frequency. This might be a motherboard/compatibility issue though, so maybe add information on your MB model and which UEFI version is installed.

ASUS tuf x299 mark 2 BIOS: 0802 (NEWEST)

My processor was shown HWMOnitor with XMP 5,1 GHz core 1 (some try with hard way, I did that accidentally) and I didn't like overclocking.

I thought XMP overclocks processor as well.

No heat problems though, I have Noctua NH-D15 and it keeps it cool very well.

Rock solid but strange problem of basic speed.

Archived