Corsair Community

New gpu with 2x8pin PCIE

FuzzyWolf

The reason the GPU has 2 x 8-pin PCIe connectors is that 1 x 8-pin PCIe connector is not specified to be able to carry enough current.

The PSU end 8-pin connector has the same specification so you should use 2 separate cables both connected to the PSU.

The reason the GPU has 2 x 8-pin PCIe connectors is that 1 x 8-pin PCIe connector is not specified to be able to carry enough current.

The PSU end 8-pin connector has the same specification so you should use 2 separate cables both connected to the PSU.

ah, I see. Thanks, I'll use 2 separate cables. The dual connectors do make it look messy though. But now just wondering why did Corsair include 2 connectors if it could only handle one :/

why did Corsair include 2 connectors if it could only handle one :/

You can sensibly use the 2 x PCIe pig tail cables on low power GPUs.

I recall posts about them being used, the system being unreliable and/or the PSU connector overheating.

You can sensibly use the 2 x PCIe pig tail cables on low power GPUs.

I recall posts about them being used, the system being unreliable and/or the PSU connector overheating.

Just curious, when you said low power gpus in what situation would this be? Because if it requires 2x8pins or 1x8pin and 1x6pins, it woudn't be considered low powered right? And yeah, that's the main reason I asked because I saw a reddit post with a seasonic psu manual screenshot telling not to use 2xPCIe pig tail if the GPU uses 225W or more and I thought it might be the same with Corsair as the single cable would be the limitation so I asked. Anyways, ordered this from amazon, should help with the looks.

Archived