Corsair Community

ICUE Sequential setting on RAM is not going in order

uplink777

When Im using the Sequential light setting for my Vengeance RGB Pro 32gb (4x8) 3000mhz, the RAM lights up in this order 3,4,1,2. All four DIMM slots are on one side of the CPU. Ive tried everything I can think of and yet I cant get them to light up in sequence. Anyone else have any trouble with this??

Hey, hey!

On that same image shown by Inheritance, click on the display of each ram stick. You'll be able to reorder them. A little left/right arrow will appear, so you can force them to be DIMM 1, 2, 3, 4 or 4, 3, 2, 1, etc.

Hey, hey!

On that same image shown by Inheritance, click on the display of each ram stick. You'll be able to reorder them. A little left/right arrow will appear, so you can force them to be DIMM 1, 2, 3, 4 or 4, 3, 2, 1, etc.

Cool! I'll give it a try and post an update on this thread in a couple of hours.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

In case no one has figured this out. What you need to do is going into SETTINGS in iCUE.

Then select your ram. Check Enable full software control. This might change up your lighting effects, but you can then reorder the ram in the dimm setup. Once you have them ordered correctly, you can uncheck Enable full software control, and select your lighting effects again.

• 11 months later...
So if there is still any question on how to re-order your DIMMs, go to DIMM SETUP, there you should be able to click on each stick and an arrow will appear. Light up a stick and move it to where its location is in your rig.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for this, but every time i restart my pc or close icue it resets to the default (wrong order). does someone know how to solve this?

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I put in a ticket and was able to fix the issue with the ram sequence setting resetting after reboot.

Here are the steps I was given that fixed it. Hope this helps you.

1. Open your computer's Control Panel.

2. Open the Programs and Features options. (Apps on Windows 10)

3. Select Corsair Utility Engine in the list, and then select Uninstall. (Corsair iCUE Software)

4. Press Window Key + R to open the Run command.

5. Type %appdata% and press Enter.

6. Delete any Corsair folders in the window that pops up.

7. Return to the Run window and type %localappdata%.

8. Delete any Corsair folders in the window that pops up.

9. Open File Explorer and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\.

10. Delete any Corsair folders in that folder.

11. Type Regedit in the Run window and then click OK.

12. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Corsair\Corsair Utility Engine and delete the folder.

13. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Corsair\Corsair Utility Engine and delete the folder.

14. Restart your computer.

15. Reinstalled this older version

http://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUESetup_3.25.60_release.msi