Corsair Community

Is this Dominator RAM Dead?

mbc0

Hi,

I have a healthy system running 16GB Corsair LPX 3200 RAM (2X8) and have just purchased some Dominator 32GB 3000 RAM (2X16) and my system blue screens constantly, has locked up in the bios a few times, when using a bootable memtest x86 the furthest I have seen it get is 17% on the first pass before freezing. I have reset my bios, updated to the latest, tried withand without XMP, I can find nothing to get this RAM to work and it is in the compatible list on ASUS. I have installed as a single stick and together in the correct RAM positions advised by ASUS, I cannot think of anything else to try?

Any advice please?

• Corsair Employee
Hi,

I have a healthy system running 16GB Corsair LPX 3200 RAM (2X8) and have just purchased some Dominator 32GB 3000 RAM (2X16) and my system blue screens constantly, has locked up in the bios a few times, when using a bootable memtest x86 the furthest I have seen it get is 17% on the first pass before freezing. I have reset my bios, updated to the latest, tried withand without XMP, I can find nothing to get this RAM to work and it is in the compatible list on ASUS. I have installed as a single stick and together in the correct RAM positions advised by ASUS, I cannot think of anything else to try?

Any advice please?

If you removed the 16gb kit from the system and this new kit is giving you issues even when using a single module I'd try taking out the CMOS battery with every power source disconnected, then putting the battery back after a couple of minutes and trying the new modules again.

Archived