The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Memory

Old 01-12-2018, 02:35 PM
POST ID # = 935097
dedwards Reputation: 10
Default DDR2 Memory & 2 Motherboards

2 part question in case anyone has any insights
Memory a pair of CM2X2046-6400C5C 5-5-5-18 1.8V VER 6.1 (XMS2)

Part 1 (background info): Motherboard XFX 750i (Nivida chipset) Intel Core 2 q8650. Board often failed to post when cold (d0 on error led) and eventually it would start posting. I thought it was the board until I bought some used different memory brand - identical spec except it was 5-5-5-15 (which I understand is slight faster) and now it boots every time first time.

Part 2 I have ended up with a (somehow) brand new ASUS P5N-D board (same Nvidia MB chipset as the above XFX). I am trying to decide how likely the Corsair memory might work in this board but I would have to spend a small amount of money to get a used CPU & fan. The Asus compatibility list shows no Corsair product and almost no 2gb modules at all.

Anyone have any good insights as to whether this memory is likely to work on the Asus board or know anything about this memory (mainstream or very specialized for short list of MBs ?)

Old 01-12-2018, 06:47 PM
Bearded Corsair Employee
POST ID # = 935125
Technobeard Reputation: 65

If I recall correctly, the NVidia chipset could be picky when it came to memory IC compatibility. I know it was picky about something - just can't recall what. You may find some older information on the forum.
“Humor is reason gone mad.” - Groucho Marx
"I suggest a full frontal assault with automated laser monkeys, scalpel mines and acid." - Psychotic potato dwarf
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, especially simian ones. They are not all that subtle." - Terry Pratchett

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: