Corsair Community

iCUE with Vengeance Pro RGB

mcnasty

So i just got 2 new sticks of Vengeance Pro RGB 3000mhz ram, and it's all working well, windows reads it, xmp profile set in bios, running at full 3000mhz...

But i cant control the RGB on it at all. The RAM is showing in iCUE and LINK no problem, and its giving me options to change the color, and it even shows that its changing in iCUE, but the ram itself is not changing. Ever since i put it in its just doing this like 2-zone color change thing. It's not even doing the rainbow wave. It almost looks like the ram thinks that its in a system with 8 ram slots.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling bot iCUE and LINK and nothing happened from that.

I read something about enabling SPD write in BIOS, but i went in my bios and i

've searched high and low and there isnt any SPD write option. I have a Gigabyte A320M-S2H mATX motherboard, if that helps.

I also have a k70 rgb rapidfire, glaive, and spec-omega rgb that are all controlled through iCUE so i know iCUE works, it's just the ram isnt.

I've searched up and down in my bios and i can't find anything related to spd write.

I'm starting to think i'm going to have to upgrade my motherboard in order to have that capability.

You shouldn't have to upgrade - and we've been hearing that on several AMD motherboards. I would try contacting your motherboard's support group and asking how to enable SPD Write; they may have different terminology for it.

You shouldn't have to upgrade - and we've been hearing that on several AMD motherboards. I would try contacting your motherboard's support group and asking how to enable SPD Write; they may have different terminology for it.

I60awMU.png

Welp, it looks like this board just simply doesn't support SPD write. I guess that's what i get for cheaping out on a crappy mATX board. Look's like i'm going to have to switch to ASUS or MSI.

I60awMU.png

Welp, it looks like this board just simply doesn't support SPD write. I guess that's what i get for cheaping out on a crappy mATX board. Look's like i'm going to have to switch to ASUS or MSI.

Try to upgrade or downgrade a bios, was having the same problem on X470 gaming 7 and its latest bios, after i downgraded it everything was fine.

Try to upgrade or downgrade a bios, was having the same problem on X470 gaming 7 and its latest bios, after i downgraded it everything was fine.

I'm on the latest bios. I HAD to upgrade the bios to the latest, cause the bios it came with wouldn't allow me to run the ram speed to 3000Mhz. I'm still in the return window for this motherboard, so i'm just going to send it back and get something else.

Dude ... that totally sucks. I'm really somewhat baffled that they wouldn't support SPD Write at all, regardless of the size of the motherboard. Also, given the wide availability and popularity of RGB DDR4, it's seems like a pretty major miss on their part.

yeah, i'm baffled too. But i mean, this board is litearlly their cheapest ryzen board available. Maybe if i get one of their high end x370 boards with RGB Fusion software, i'll be able to control it. I might just go with an Asus or MSI board or something that i know has SPD write.

yeah, i'm baffled too. But i mean, this board is litearlly their cheapest ryzen board available. Maybe if i get one of their high end x370 boards with RGB Fusion software, i'll be able to control it. I might just go with an Asus or MSI board or something that i know has SPD write.

I wonder if that means it's a chipset limitation? :confused:

Archived