Corsair Community

800D Power Button Sticking - Help

The Asgard

Hi there,

I removed the front panel on my 800D this morning and after replacing it the front power button now sticks in. I have removed the panel 10+ times and never had any issues what so ever. The only way I can get the button to work is to click one side in while leaving the other out. I must have spent 2.5 hours now taking it on and off. Obviously some sort of an alignment issue but why now, Nothings changed. The case is my pride and joy and now I feel like throwing it through the window. Had the case since September, not sure what to do other than send it back now :(

Anybody had similiar problems?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I had the exact same problem with the first 800D I bought. The power button wouldn't pop back unless I wiggled it or pressed the panel around it.

I made a thread about it a 2-3 weeks ago, and someone suggested that I could connect the reset button to the mainboard power button connector, which would work in a pinch, but I didn't want to settle with that on a premium priced case.

I returned the case to the store as faulty, and got another one.

I have to say, I also had a P64 SSD that commited suicide after only half an hour of uptime, so my impression of Corsair being quality has unfortunately sunk considerably.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Installed mine on Saturday 3/7/10, come Sunday the power button remained depressed. I took the front panel off, visually inspected the back of the power button - the top support arm on the back of the button was broken.

Unperturbed I apply a quick fix of super glue and 1/2 day for peace of mind. Next use both support arms are broken. I flick the reset button to test it out. It works fine.

I take the front panel off and there's obvious sign of distress on the reset button's support arm - same location of the first break point on the power button.

I've posted a support request today. Quite surprised by the relative ease of breakage on a component I would expect to be more durable.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I had the same problem. After taking off the front cover, one support arm broke. The second time the other. I was very careful, but you do need a bit of force to get the plate to come off. Does anyone know if this is covered under warranty? My button now gets stuck and I have to take off the front panel to get the thing to pop out.

• 3 months later...

Hi i just bought this case 4 weeks ago and i am having the same problem

have to remove the face plate to power the pc ,possible cause holes are to small for power button plastic cylinder that pushes the power micro switch can maybe make hole slightly bigger with a dremel.

Can any body please advise me if there is a fix for this or if Corsair replaces the faceplate of the case under warranty.

Thanks /Frank

If you dont work for corsair spare me your silly comments and sarcasm, go and troll somebody elses forum.

Our forum administrator, WIRED, is NOT a troll and I'd appreciate you not referring to him as such. Please observe the forum rules when dealing with other members.

Ram Guy's covered this in the post before yours.

Go ahead and Request an RMA with the 800D as the part number, but in the description area please just let us know which part needs to be replaced.

Unfortunately it has taken this troll comment to have a reply from corsair after two request to there Tech Services and no reply ,anyway ///Thank you very much.

The answer is the same, regardless of who posted it. If you decide to RMA, you are welcome to do so.

Also, you were asked nicely to not refer to the admins here as trolls. Please take this weekend to reflect upon this. If you decide to return to our forum after Monday, November 8, 2010 please observe the forum rules as we have asked.

If it wasn,t for people like me buying goods from Corsair you would not have a job

so i want you to think hard this weekend about this.

Also be more customer service orientated instead of childishly banning me for two days which will not take my sleep away ,reflect on this too.

Yes and which forum rules do you mean the one that everybody ticks the box and nobody

Reads.

Goodbye

If it wasn,t for people like me buying goods from Corsair you would not have a job

Also be more customer service orientated instead of childishly banning me for two days which will not take my sleep away ,reflect on this too.

Yes and which forum rules do you mean the one that everybody ticks the box and nobody

Reads.

Goodbye

I can't believe that this guy hasn't been banned for life from this forum. Whatever we think, we all really try to be "professional" about our postings, and that's one of the things I really like about this forum. No raving and ranting, no "crazies," etc.

If I were the forum moderator, this guy would be banned until the year 2025. (remember that old song ...)

so much for 24 Hour reply by Technical Services still waiting for a reply on this .
Nowhere on the forum does it state a response time. As I stated earlier, Ram Guy's post right before your first post in this forum clearly states what you should do in your situation. No other response is needed.

If you dont work for corsair spare me your silly comments and sarcasm, go and troll somebody elses forum.
As Yellowbeard has stated, I am no troll. I am one of the administrators.

Yes and which forum rules do you mean the one that everybody ticks the box and nobody Reads.
Yellowbeard was referring to the forum rules in which everyone is redirected to upon creating an account here. It's located in the first sub-forum, titled Forum Rules and General Discussion. Here's the link (also located at the top of the forum sidebar): http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77167

His job exists regardless of you personally buying their products.

Let's go down the list of the rules and how they apply to you.

Rule 1. Read the rules.
Well, you were redirected to them, so you can't be ignorant of them. However to be fair, let's assume you couldn't read them for whatever reason.

Rule 8. No personal insults / abuse.
You called me a troll despite myself being a staff member. Let's assume you didn't read the title under my name. That's fair, right? In your next post you recognized Yellowbeard as a Corsair technical support representative. After Yellowbeard pointed it out, you certainly knew I was an admin. At this point you clearly knew who the staff members posting in the thread were, ignored Yellowbeard's request, and continued to call me a troll.

At this point the 2 day ban was certainly within reason. No permanent ban was required as everyone gets frustrated, including us. It happens, and that's what cooling down periods are for. No harm, no foul. A chance to reflect upon the situation.

Then you chose to mouth off to Yellowbeard for doing something well within his right, and well warranted. So far, it's not looking good for you. But wait, you were banned for 2 days. To respond again, you had to break:

Rule 15. One account per person.
You CHOSE to get around the ban by creating a 2nd account. You CHOSE to repeatedly disrespect myself and Yellowbeard. You have CHOSEN to not listen to the staff and have CHOSEN not to be a nice person and CHOSE not to play by the rules.

I have therefore decided to not allow you to post on this forum anymore.

Note that this in no way affects your support through Corsair. You can contact them via the online Helpdesk, email, phone, or even by fax. Their contact info can be found here: http://www.corsair.com/helpdesk/

Goodbye, and have a wonderful day.

Then you chose to mouth off to Yellowbeard for doing something well within his right, and well warranted. So far, it's not looking good for you. But wait, you were banned for 2 days. To respond again, you had to break:

You CHOSE to get around the ban by creating a 2nd account. You CHOSE to repeatedly disrespect myself and Yellowbeard. You have CHOSEN to not listen to the staff and have CHOSEN not to be a nice person and CHOSE not to play by the rules.

I have therefore decided to not allow you to post on this forum anymore.

Note that this in no way affects your support through Corsair. You can contact them via the online Helpdesk, email, phone, or even by fax. Their contact info can be found here: http://www.corsair.com/helpdesk/

Goodbye, and have a wonderful day.

I am x509, and I personally approve of the way that Wired handled this situation. Guys like this usually ruin the well for the rest of us because they are always p---ing into it.

• 2 months later...

Dear all,

I have experienced the same problem as described in this thread - power button on 800D did not come back when pressed, so computer shut down immediately after boot. Had to take off the front panel (faceplate) and turn computer on, then accurately put back the panel. Examination showed that one of two flexible plastic legs attached to the button broke, so it could not return to original position.

Another problem was with the board that contains USB ports and LED lights, also under front panel - neither power button nor hard drive activity light was working.

I opened the RMA case on Corsair website.

Within minutes I was in contact with Tech Support and Marketing Support.

I sent photo of broken button's leg and additional details of my problems.

Several days later (I am in Toronto, Canada) received by UPS Courier Service the USB Board Kit.

Two days more - and another parcel came in - also by UPS - with complete front panel.

I've been working with computers since 1971 (university), the last 12 years in IT of the world's largest financial group. I've seen everything and have been in close touch with many computer companies. What I can say about Corsair? The case is work of art and example of technological high level. Technical and Marketing Support - belong to the best.

As a side note, my son-in-law owns computer business, and he bought the same case for himself last year (uses water cooling) and is proud to show it off.

My only advice to Corsair - change design of the power button, so if it fails you don't need to replace the whole panel (if you haven't done it already since I bought my 800D in May 2010).

The bottom line.

If you already own Corsair product - rest assured you will not be left out in the cold. If you are building computer and want the best case - look no further.

I am going to include other Corsair products in my purchase list.

Best regards to Corsair Team,

Serge

• 4 weeks later...

I just got my build last week and now have this problem too. I'm waiting for a reply from support, but I'm wondering if other folks who've run into this have gotten a replacement power button assembly from Corsair? Also, while I was discovering this issue I broke the single sided hinge on the door covering the USB ports....is there any way to get this replaced too? I broke it so I'll pay for it.

Thanks,

Eric

• 2 years later...

Just assembled my 2013 rig.

This is still a problem. The two cheap, plastic strips that hold the power button in place broke off after 3 days of normal use. Maybe 20 or 30 clean boots, since I spent a lot of time configuring and going back into the innards of the computer. Ever since the power button has been stuck and I have to jimmy off the front panel and manually depress the power button from the inside, then put the front panel back in place.

Vastly annoying and unacceptable for a $300 case, so I submitted a ticket to Corsair on the 20th of June. [Ticket no. 6040765] When I submitted it, I received a splash page and an e-mail that said someone would get back to me within 1 business day. (Which is probably where the 24 hour argument earlier in the thread came from.) It's been 6 business days since and no word.

So, today I got fed up and took apart a pen, cut the spring down by 1/3, fitted it into the plastic shell of the power button and put the plate back on. Now it works perfectly. I can only imagine there's supposed to be a spring in there anyway to push the power button back out since the plastic strips holding the power button are inelastic, but for some reason it's been left out of mine.

I'd love to hear from other 800D owners if their front panel power button has a spring.

• 2 weeks later...

Received an update and RMA from Corsair today. They are sending me a new part and waived the need to send the existing back. It may have taken a while longer than projected by their splash screen when I submitted the ticket, but they also apologized for the delay and offered good service. I am well mollified.

(Putting this here since I complained; when they actually fixed the problem, I think it's fair and behooved to give them kudos for that, too.)

eminer1254, just follow the same directions RamGuy posted earlier in this thread. Create an RMA for your case, then explain what part you need. I believe they send out the entire front panel for that.

If it is still within warranty they will just send you one. If not they will let you know what the cost would be.

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...

This power button problem found my case today.

Not fun at all! My case is over 4 years old and I got very frustrated when my computer turned it self off over and over again.

Googled and mailed Corsair and I hope there is a solution in my mailbox tomorrow.

So why am I writing this? Well...I think I might solved this problem myself.

I put 2 in-ear headphone silicon tips on the middle pin right under the button. Not on the smaller pin that hits the power switch or the clear one at the bottom.

Now the silicon tip makes the button go back in its original position. It functions as a rubber/silicon spring.

You have to press rather hard but the feeling is like its new....It actually feels much better and more secure then it did with just the two little plastic arms holding the button.

I hope you understand what I am writing. Im from Sweden so I dont write in english every day.

I also hope my solution above can help someone!

Best regards / Andreas.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I have a similar problem and created an RMA a few weeks ago but have not heard back. can anyone help? I have a ticket number: (6071029)

Like the above comments, one very badly designed power button for such a beast of a case. I would really like a replacement fascia as it seems my power button couldn't handle the task.

At this current point in time I am regretting this purchase.

Archived