Corsair Community

Problems running 2x2G 1600 on Dx48BT2

Fancher

I'm trying to run a pair of 2G sticks on an Intel DX48BT2 and having consistent probs getting the sticks to pass memtest. I have already RMA'd the first pair I got, 2nd pair same problems.

They are running _Fine_ at 1066, but I need them at 1600.

The CPU is a QX9770.

Is anyone out there running this combo OK? Other than the recommended CAS settings, are there any other things in the BIOS I can try and change. Everything is running at stock speed, no overclocking yet

THANKS,

Fancher

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All,

Thanks for the replies and help so far!

RG: Already RMA'd 'em.

Per the post above from Lucas and my post form last night does anyone know what the difference in part #s signifies if anything.

Do I have these things in the wrong slots? When I did all the tests I had both sticks on the same channel (B0/B0), one black - other blue, which is what I thought the manual said... Lucas G, do you have a module in _both_ the blue slots?

THX, Fancher

I had em in the black, as per the Intel website instructions. However, the manual that you can download from their site says to populate the blue slots first. Changed them to those slots and problems went away, so far. Haven't had a chance to really test the system long-term, but it does seem stable.

Timings set - voltage set.

Throws memtest errors like mad at 1600. Runs stable at 1060, probo 1333.

What am I missing? Is it probable a have a crud MB?

Everything else that is settable is default (Porc volt,MCH, etc)

Ideas anyone?

Should I ditch this MB and get something else? if so, recommendations?

THX

I tried them in the black slots, then the blue. I found conflicting info in the Intel manuals and tech briefs. I called tech support today and they said to populate Channel B...one blue one black (dimm 0 and 1) Did that and I am now using the xmp profile that now shows in bios. No problems so far, but the machine has not run long enough to tell. Also, are you having the same startup delays and hangs that others are describing?

Archived