Corsair Community

Corsair DDR 3 1600C7DHXIN G Is it XMP or not?

antonka

Hello,

Yesterday I bought this memory modules Corsair DDR 3 1600C7DHXIN G x 2=4 GB. I was ordering XMP memory here in Germany but when I log into BIOS XMP is disabled.

Please advice if this memory really supports XMP? What are the settings to be able to run it at 1600 Mhz?

Thanks!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Corsair Employee
It will be disabled by default you would need to enable it or set the timings and Voltage manually. You can check the system with CPU-Z and see if the XMP Profile is listed in the modules SPD.

Hi,

How to enable it? In BIOS I do not have this option. I have option to choose AI tweaker as AUTO, MANUAL or XMP. But when I choose XMP it shows in grey text: XMP disabled!:eek:

I checked CPUZ. In SPD nowhere is XMP to be found!

Hi, Yes I cheked. See attached manual. In BIOS when I choose XMP it shoul be choosable between 2 profiles. Actually I had before Corsair 1800 XMP modules and it worked but not with this memory.

Where is the problem? Is the memory defect?

xmp.thumb.jpg.104fb75cb9f3ae337e010e1451c7e0ec.jpg

• Corsair Employee
The SPD's are not programmed properly if that is the part number and you will have to ask the reseller if they will help you but it may be faster to send them directly unless they will swap them for you.

I have 1 kit with 2 modules. I was adviced by RAM Guy to exchange my initial 2 modules. I went to local reseller and got today 2 new sticks. But the problem remains. Again I HAVE ONLY 2 STICKS x 2 GB

No one said you have more than two sticks. If you read what SpecMike said, you would see he was talking about two separate events with two kits.

If you have 2 consecutive kits with the same problem, it is not likely the memory.

Clearly he is talking about your first set and your new set and not two sets installed in your system.

Hi Derekt

As you might remember before I had DDR3 1800 2 x 1 GB and XMP profile was choosable in BIOS. Here is that thread we discussed: http://www.asktheramguy.com/v3/showthread.php?t=69969&page=2

But when I get DDR 3 1600 2 x 2 GB XMP became desabled. What is that I can do to check where is the problem? I have already switched 1600 memory sticks from orange to black adapters - no change.

I am attaching the pics of my memory modules:

138002294_Picture037.thumb.jpg.057a330da940c267cebcd4f3dd34fb8f.jpg

Hi Ramguy,

Here are the pics of both SPDs. OK I will not post in other threads but the guy had exactly the same problem as myself and SPDs where also identical to what I have. Here was that thread again

http://www.asktheramguy.com/v3/showthread.php?t=69750

Is it incompatibility of this sticks with ASUS P5E3 Deluxe?

Thanks for all help in advance!

CPUZ.thumb.jpg.dfd7083bb41a570f079333fee0a4f83a.jpg

• Corsair Employee
They sent you the non Intel part, does it say IN after the part number? If so then please call our customer service and I am sure they get that taken care of for you at our expense if we just replaced them. 888-222-4346 or 510-657-8747 Ext "0"

Yes it there is IN at the end on the sticks. It was also in the first case.CM3X2048-1600C7 DHXIN.

Should it be Intel part by this number? Where do I get support in Germany? I am in Hamburg and we have huge time difference with US.

Thanks for help again.

Archived