Corsair Community

Power Supply Compatibility

mrausch

• Corsair Employee
My motherboard is a Foxconn NF4UK8AA-8EKRS, and I want to buy a CORSAIR HX520w ATX12V v2.2 and EPS12V 2.91 520W Power Supply, but I am not sure if it is compatible with my motherboard. can anyone offer some advice? thanks

Sorry to break it to you, but our tests have concluded that the Foxconn board has a power spike on the +5Vsb rail on POST that is out of the ATX specifications. This spike trips our Over-Current Protection on that rail, and the PSU shuts down immediately. The Power Supply is working as designed, unfortunately the motherboard is out of specification.

It is possible that a number of power supplies that don't have Over-Current Protection (or have a different OCP trip-point) on the +5Vsb rail will work with that motherboard, but unfortunately, we built our PSU to the ATX 2.2 specs, which means that our hands are kind of tied.

This motherboard is currently incompatible with our power supply line. As of yet, this is the only motherboard out of over three dozen motherboards that we have tested that is incompatible.

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask. Sorry for the bad news.

Archived