Here is my config:

Athlon64 3000+ rev. D

Asus A8N SLI Deluxe r1.02 bios 1008

TwinX1024-3200XLPT (Auto)

2x Asus EN6600GT/TD/128m/A SLI mode

3x Asus optic drives

2x Seagate ST3120026AS

Thermaltake Pure Power 680 watts Atx 2.01

By default XLPT ran in cas 2.5 & 2T. When I set it to 2-2-2-5-1T/2.7v, 3DMark05 Game Test 3 images changes to artifact or sometimes crash after game Test 1 (3dmark05 has encounter an error and need to be closed).

But when in single vga mode, it ran fine.

I already raise the FSB to 201 due to solve the problem within this boards HTT & PCI clock. (detected by nTune)

Could you solve the problem please?

Any help from the experts will be great appreciated, thanks.

• Corsair Employee

Please make sure that you have the latest bios and load setup defaults and set the timings and voltage manually and test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org and I would set the Dim Voltage to 2.8 Volts as well. If you do find one failing then lets get it or them replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

However; if you get errors with both modules, that would suggest some other problem. And I would try testing the memory in another system to be sure.

Ram Guy,

I just tested the vga's in single mode

Card A & B both exactly get same score : 3.497 3dmark05

Tested using FSB 201, CAS 2-2-2-5-1T/2.85 v.

When running in SLI mode I tested the placement of the card.

Both Asus card are 100% compatible in SLI mode whether I put the card A in slot 1 or 2 of PCI-E and card B in slot 1 or 2 of PCI-E (after succeded run them in SLI mode).

Not like WinFast PX6600GT Extreme I had before that had problem in slot placement. After succeded running those WinFast card in SLI mode, I swap their place. E.g. originally card A in slot 1, I moved it to slot 2, and then blue screen occurs. Whenever I moved them into their original place, those winfast cards have no trouble. (tested also in DFI LP nF4 SLI-DR mb)

I will test the XLPT again individually, but I don't think it's the memory.

Thanks.

• Corsair Employee
I would check with them to make sure that test is compatible with SLI enabled Video. I think they will need to update that version or have a newer version. You might get the latest version of Aquwa Mark as I thinks its compatible.

I would check with them to make sure that test is compatible with SLI enabled Video. I think they will need to update that version or have a newer version. You might get the latest version of Aquwa Mark as I thinks its compatible.

The artifact generated also by my previous TwinX1024-3200LLPRO, in Game Test 3 or always fail after succeded Game Test 1 (3dmark05 has encountered an error and need to close.)

Your local dealer here traded the LLPRO to this XLPT.

It's not only on 3DMark05, in other games like SpongeBob, also sometimes said that has encountered an error & need to close.

I really confuse, how can memory timings can generate artifacts.

My 3DMark05 is buid 1.20, nForce 6.53, nV drv v.71.89, WinXP SP2

Can this incompability issue damage the vga's?

Both LLPRO & XLPT are running perfectly in single vga mode. Tested also in ASUS P5GD1 PRO, P4P800, P4C800.

Thanks, hoping your soonest reply.

Please list all of the bios settings you have set from default.

I get into the BIOS, press F5 for BIOS default setting then save & exit to Windows. By default cas detected : 2.5-3-3-5/2T. The PC is ok.

I get into the BIOS again, set cas to 2-2-2-5/1 T, set the FSB to 201, set dimm voltage to 2.8, disable the floppy drive, and select hard drive as first boot device. All other setting are left to Auto. Then the crashes I described above occurs.

I'm hoping your sonnest reply, thanks.

• Corsair Employee
Please make sure that you have the latest version and then go to bios setup and load setup/optimized defaults, and please use the menu and not the short cut keys and then set the timings and Voltage manually and test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org. I can only help you with the memory you would need to talk to the Video Card and or software maker about the other issue.

Please make sure that you have the latest version and then go to bios setup and load setup/optimized defaults, and please use the menu and not the short cut keys and then set the timings and Voltage manually and test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org. I can only help you with the memory you would need to talk to the Video Card and or software maker about the other issue.

Succeded run 'em in 2-2-2-5-1T/2.8v

After I loaded bios setup default by pressing F5 and then ran 3dmark05 in with 2.5-3-3-5-2T (bios default) timings...I restart windows, go to bios and "we must press F5 again" before doing any modifications to memory timings/fsb/voltage. Set the FSB to 201 to prevent HTT & PCI clk bug. Tried this setting also with bios 1010-1 and succeded too. Thanks Ram Guy, my 3DMark score : 6.307. :D:

There's a bug inside this mb bios. No problem found in my XLPT.

I would check also how to resolve this bug in DFI nF4 SLI-DR. Maybe Ram Guy/experts here would like to help me? :biggrin:

Cheers to Corsair...the finest memory in the earth.

Ram Guy,

Please do a test for me!

It's very important to me that the TwinX1024-3200XLPT generate same issues in DFI LP nF4 SLI DR mb.

Trying the official bios 310 until beta 510-3. XLPT always generate artifacts in game test 3 whether I use a pair of Asus EN6600GT or a pair of Leadtek PX6600GT.

It's not VGA's issue. I also already ran the memtest for 10 pass & caught no errors!

All BIOS settings are set to default.

Trying to raise the voltage up to 2.9v with bios default timings (2325-1T) has no use!

When I use other brand model No. M2G9XXXX, CAS 2.5-3-3-8-1T/2.6v, the problem solved, the benchmark ran smoothly.

I already lost my LLPRO, with hoping that if I switch to XLPT (non LED), the problem dissapear. While you search the answer, I'll lend a pair of Corsair VS and see how it will go. I'm afraid this issue will destroy my vga.

Thanks.

I'm hoping your soonest reply

• Corsair Employee

Can you list the complete system spec. PSU and CPU? And the exact bios settings you had set? I will try to get as close as I can. And are you using those 2 cards in SLI mode? And is there a UT on the MB next to the model #?

Also there is beta bios version 3.16 on DFI web site that if you are running the modules in slots 1-3 this bios should solve that issue.

Athlon64 3000+ rev.D

DFI LanParty nF4 SLI DR

TwinX1024-3200XLPT (XMS 3208 v1.2/0510058-2) ---> orange slot

2x Leadtek PX6600GT (Pure) SLI/ASUS EN6600GT SLI mode

1x Asus DVDROM

1x Seagate Sata 200 GB

Thermaltake 680w (W0049) ATX 2.01

Ram Guy, the problem exist only in SLI mode, as I've told you.

The XLPT ran perfectly with 1 vga card or in Asus P5GD1 Pro board.

I always "load optimized default" for my settings and only raise the mem voltage up to 2.9v

Just opened NFSU II, the pics are damaged too! Change to that other model...everything normal.

Thank you, hoping the soonest reply

Ram Guy

I just test the system above using:

DFI LanParty nF4 SLI DR bios 310

other devices are same as stated above

Corsair Value Select

Dimm 1: VS512MB400/819-0515116-0-422456 (orange slot)

Dimm 2: VS512MB400/819-0515116-0-422471 (orange slot)

And run perfectly!

I only enter the bios, load optimized default and run 3DMark05. 3DMark05 score : 6.275

I want the exact solution regarding the bug between this mb & xlpt.

Thanks for being patient, & hoping your soonest reply,

Ram Guy,

I suspect it's the chipset issue. CPU/PWM IC/Chipset temp: 30/43/60 Celcius when benchmarking using 3DMark05 SLI mode with closed case.

When testing with VS, the case is opened, so air flow is better than closed case. I'm using Asus case TA250 with 3 Tt 8cm fans.

I'm sorry being so careless about this. Is the chipset still at normal temp at 60 C when benchmarking 3DMark05?

Thanks, once again my XLPT r healthy ;):

Ram Guy,

Using bios 316, and put the modules in yellow slot, it's stable running at 2225-1T/2.7v. However when I raised the vDIMM to 2.8v, Game Test 3 crash again. Is that an issue? Regarding that XLPT can handle vDIMM up to 2.9v :confused:

Archived