Corsair Community

PSU Custom Sleeved Cables quality

TheTiesThatBind

I'm about to add some custom sleeved PSU cables on my RM750X and I would like to know which cables should I choose. I mostly care for PCI-e (x2) and ATX!

Well, I'm between the CableMod's and Corsair's one. Are there any difference? CableMod offers way more aesthetics options than the corsair's one, but if Corsair's are of better qualitys I'd go for them.

And what about built in capacitors? Do they really matter?

Kind regards

• Corsair Employee
But what is ripple and would it affect PSUs / system’s longevity and performance?

Ripple is essentially like residual variation in voltage from the conversion of AC voltage to DC. The problem with excessive ripple is that if your components have tight tolerances for input voltage, and the ripple exceeds those amounts, it can cause damage over time to the components, if not immediate.

Think of capacitors like shock absorbers that help to pad variations in voltage.

Ripple is essentially like residual variation in voltage from the conversion of AC voltage to DC. The problem with excessive ripple is that if your components have tight tolerances for input voltage, and the ripple exceeds those amounts, it can cause damage over time to the components, if not immediate.

Think of capacitors like shock absorbers that help to pad variations in voltage.

Thanks for the answer! But are there built in capacitors in Corsair’s custom sleeved cables? (Type4/Gen4)

Archived