Corsair Community

Strafe RGB Spacebar Removal Issue

MintE

I wanted to clean my keyboard today so I started removing all of the keycaps using the provider puller.

I started with the normal keys (A, S, etc) and then tried the spacebar, initially I couldn't get it to budge so I moved on to the other stabilized keys (such as backspace, shift, enter, etc). I was able to remove these with ease and eventually I had every key but the spacebar removed. I decided to give removing it another go however this time it actually came off.

At first I was happy to have all of the keys removed however when I turned the key over the two black pegs on either side came off with the spacebar.

So I decided to remove those from the spacebar and I ended up needing to use a pair of pliers. I'm reasonably certain they were glued in.

Pictures can be found here: http://imgur.com/a/cHa3s

The primary motivation for removing the space bar is that some staples fell into the hole underneath the space bar and it was impossible to get at the hole with the space bar still on.

I was wondering if there was anything that could be done about the broken spacebar.

Like I said I'm only guessing it was glued.

After I removed the space bar I had to use a pair of pliers to remove the black pegs that broke off. It took a very unreasonable amount of force to remove them and I ended up cutting my finger!

I did a bunch of googling around and I couldn't find anything on removing the space bar on a strafe rgb.

And yeah I just posted this thread to see if anyone else had run into this issue and I plan on contacting Corsair on Monday.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I wanted to clean my keyboard today so I started removing all of the keycaps using the provider puller.

I started with the normal keys (A, S, etc) and then tried the spacebar, initially I couldn't get it to budge so I moved on to the other stabilized keys (such as backspace, shift, enter, etc). I was able to remove these with ease and eventually I had every key but the spacebar removed. I decided to give removing it another go however this time it actually came off.

At first I was happy to have all of the keys removed however when I turned the key over the two black pegs on either side came off with the spacebar.

So I decided to remove those from the spacebar and I ended up needing to use a pair of pliers. I'm reasonably certain they were glued in.

Pictures can be found here: http://imgur.com/a/cHa3s

The primary motivation for removing the space bar is that some staples fell into the hole underneath the space bar and it was impossible to get at the hole with the space bar still on.

I was wondering if there was anything that could be done about the broken spacebar.

Hey man I have the exact same problem, I pulled my space bar key cap out with force and broke the stabilizers with it.

Now my space bar key feels very weird and is hard to game on it.

Did you ever get this problem fixed?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee
Happened to me few minutes ago.

It's covered by warranty?

Can i get the RMA / repair?

Damn Corsair! Why you glued the stabilizer stem into the spacebar keycaps.

Such a shame.

It is not glued onto the stabilizers. You have to very careful when removing them. If your stabilizer is damaged, submit a RMA and provide a receipt for a replacement.

• 6 months later...

Sorry I revived this old thread.

Just happened to mine too :( Removed the spacebar carefully wiggling it. Put it back in and now it doesn't feel right. Sounds very clacky and it doesn't press all the way down. I bought it in Feb 2016, but I don't have the receipt anymore.

I ordered the new k95 platinum instead.

Can anyone who has the keyboard, or anyone from Corsair confirm that the new keyboards don't have this kind of spacebar?

Archived