Corsair Community

Corsair 380T GPU Size

Ananki

I purchased the Corsair 380T (Black) which has a 290mm GPU clearance (Officially). I'm interested in the Asus 980 Matrix Platinum which is 297.18mm long (Officially), 152.4mm tall (Officially), and 40.64mm wide (Officially).

My MoBo is an Asus Maximus VII Impact. I measured from the back plate to the front plate where the gpu should go and it measured 304.8mm long. I have not bought the GPU yet because I'm not sure exactly how I should measure it to be precise and was wondering if any of you have tried to fit this GPU/MoBo into this case and if it was okay. My measurements say it would be extremely tight, but feasible.

I've only built 2 cheap desktops before, both which had substantial room, and I am hesitant to buy this GPU because of the physical limitations that I cannot test personally. Would anyone who owns this particular case provide their measurements or if they own the set up, tell me if its feasible? I would also request of you if you think the height and width of the card will work in relation with the case and MoBo.

Thank you for your time and/or feedback.

To clarify my measuring strategy; I measured from the back metal plate that you would remove to allow the ports of the GPU card out the back, to the very opposite side. I can't be entirely sure, but the GPU would have been measured from the end of the DP/HDMI to the opposite end. If so, would not a few millimeters stick out the back of the case?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been meaning to replace my Strix 970 with the ROG Matrix 980 and was concerned it would not fit.

But judging from the Korean link posted above by Toasted it looks like it'll fit. This is a 6" tall card so height clearance is my main worry and the description is all in Korean so I don't know if it definitely fit or if the guy had to keep one side open. Corsair Dustin what's the tallest card you've tested with the 380T?

http://i.imgur.com/n8KjvOR.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/q691OGv.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/h1b7h9E.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
I´ll just post this for anyone else looking for more information about fitting longer GPU´s than what the max lenght case listing is. In this case i got the Zotac gtx 970 amp! extreme core edition. Its 30.3 cm in lenght.

subir fotos[/img]

hi sir i got exactly the same case and planning to buy the exact same card with you, may i know is there any extra space left (even 1 cm) after u install that gpu? and what's the performance for that gpu??

• 1 month later...

I was really nervous about if this would fit or not. the MSI GTX 980 Ti. the length isn't bad. but the height was worrying me. anyways it fitted perfectly :) (even with panel closed)

GPU length: 269 mm

GPU height: 140 mm

GPU depth: 40 mm

http://i.imgur.com/1VumoIh.jpg

I'm having this sort of issue right now too, I'm planning to buy a ASUS R9 Fury STRIX

In theory it should be able to fit, since the card is 11.8" from length and 5.42" on height, since a 301mm GPU as the R9 290/X Vapor-X managed to fit in, I suspect this will have no trouble either, am I right?

The MSI GTX 980 Ti (140mm) seems a little bit higher than the ASUS R9 Fury STRIX (137.668mm), and it actually fit pretty good, I think im actually safe buying this card after all :D

• 2 weeks later...

Would a MSI GTX 970 100ME card fit in here or the 250D? Looking for a small case for college, and that is my current GPU.

I think I'd prefer the 250D so if that is an option with that specific GPU, I'll be very happy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I made an account just to chime in for those wondering about G1 cards. I am currently using a G1 windforce triple fan 970 GPU in my 380t so they do fit. However, i am concerned it occupies to much space and my card is running to hot. Usually I am in the 70s, but the other day it hit 80 degrees Celsius during the new tomb raider. Does anyone here have problems with GPUs running really hot in this case? I have two 120mm fans in the front, the 120mm exhaust, and a h60 set up on the right side so I would imagine I have plenty of cooling power.

Archived