Corsair Community

H100i GTX isn't detected by LINK or Device Manager

Parawhoar

Hello folks, I write on this forum so maybe you guys have a solution to my problem. Yesterday I bought a H100i GTX and the installation was easy as pie. As soon as I installed it I booted my pc and installed LINK and everything was wonderful, the device was detected and I could control the fans and led color.

However today I woke up and the device isn't detected anymore. I tried everything: Booting in safe mode, reinstalling Link, reinstalling an older version, testing compatibility mode... nothing works. My motherboard is a Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7 if that helps.

The cooler works perfectly, rocking a ~20ºC idle and the led glows but Corsair Link only shows the other devices/fans excepting the AIO liquid cooler.

Thanks for your support.

Is a Corsair Hydro Series 7289 USB Device listed in the USB section of Device Manager?

How is the CPU_FAN configured in the BIOS? It needs to be set such that a constant +12 is delivered to the CPU_FAN header. Looking at page 53 I expect you need to set "Full Speed Allows the fan to run at full speeds."

No luck. I also formatted my pc this evening and it now appears on Device Manager but no way to get it detected by Corsair Link...

Is there a Yellow Triangle in device manager? If so and you Right/Clock and look at the properties what does it report? Post a screen shot.

Is there a Yellow Triangle in device manager? If so and you Right/Clock and look at the properties what does it report? Post a screen shot.

I woke up right now and it isn't there anymore. Not even in hidden devices. I'm turning crazy :[pouts:

Corsair support accepted me to RMA it but I can't, I need this PC for study reasons this month or these two months and I don't have another cooler nearby (i5 6600k came without cooler)... I guess the logo will be staying white for all his life, lol.

Edit: I have a heartbeat that it's going to be a defective cable. I will get a new one and try my luck.

Edit 2: I connected a photo camera to the same cable that the h100i has and the PC detected it... it seems I have a faulty unit... or it's a windows 10 issue.

I woke up right now and it isn't there anymore. Not even in hidden devices. I'm turning crazy :[pouts:

Did you define Devmgr_Show_Nonpresent_Devices? See https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff553955(v=vs.85).aspx

There should be an express RMA option so they send the new cooler and when you get it return the old one.

Did you define Devmgr_Show_Nonpresent_Devices? See https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff553955(v=vs.85).aspx

There should be an express RMA option so they send the new cooler and when you get it return the old one.

Nothing. I can't still see the device there. I noticed that the mini-usb port in the cooler is kind of loose. After all, I believe it's a faulty unit.

I got offered that kind of express RMA by Amazon (the place where I got it). I receive the new one in about three days.

Thank you a lot for your support, pal. Very appreciated.

Archived