Corsair Community

RM1000 PSU monitoring cable

a7mag3ddon

Hi all,

I have had an RM1000 psu from new, I have just installed the Hydro 150i RGB cooler and installed the C link software for monitoring.

I also read I could monitor the PSU as well, fans, voltages etc etc. When I have looked in my box I can only see some kind of USB dongle/ adapter thing but it only seems to have 2 fan type connectors on the other end, doesn't look like it will fit in the C link hole on the PSU, there doesn't seem to be anything to plug into the power supply.

Does anyone know what cable I need to use? I kept my box and all the wires in the packaging that weren't used and I am 100% sure I haven't lost it.

Any help or advise appreciated.

Hmm indeed, because the cable you linked to I already have half of it in the box, I have the usb part the main big dongle part (by usb I mean the motherboard header plug), right up to those two wires with the 2 and 3 pins on. I don't have the bit in my box which is off to the right of the picture but assume its the flat 4 wire socket which fits into the psu (see prev diagram for layout).

Its frustrating that its not included, so it would seem I have to buy the whole cable when they already give you the usb/analogue part?

Well, the RM1000 (no I) is not advertised as Link-compatible or monitor-able. So yeah ... I'm a little puzzled as well. Frankly, I'm not sure it'll work so I'm also kinda curious to see what happens when you get it hooked all up. Perhaps someone from Corsair will weigh in here when they get in later ...

Ok so firstly apologies for wasting your time ! I found the missing cable.

I went back tonight and emptied the whole box out, it was hiding under that heavy black foam the power supply sits on.

Managed to merge the 2 single usb headers (cooler and psu) into 1 socket and now it shows up the volts, amps and fan speed in the link software :-)

Hi a7mag3ddon,

So while it is possible to monitor The RM1000 with Corsair Link, I can't guarantee it would work with the newer version of Link. I was designed to work with Link 3 so it will most likely not be detected by link 4.

If you want to give it a shot with link 3 this is the cable you would need.

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/corsair-link-analog-to-digital-bridge-cable-for-rm-series-psu

Archived