Corsair Community

Question regarding 1000D front glass, and modding.

FeeNiX

I have an idea for a custom acrylic front panel, but I haven't bought the case yet. I'm wondering if the TG panel is removable, how it is attached, and what constraints regarding thickness I would have at fitting an acrylic plate in its spot (basically dimensions of the panel).

Additionally, to any owners, if it isn't easily removable, do you have any ideas for how the case could be modded to support the attachment of an acrylic sheet.

Any tips or suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks!

• Corsair Employee
I have an idea for a custom acrylic front panel, but I haven't bought the case yet. I'm wondering if the TG panel is removable, how it is attached, and what constraints regarding thickness I would have at fitting an acrylic plate in its spot (basically dimensions of the panel).

Additionally, to any owners, if it isn't easily removable, do you have any ideas for how the case could be modded to support the attachment of an acrylic sheet.

Any tips or suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks!

What I can tell you is, both panels are secured to the case with hinges. The top hinges have a screw that you can take off which will allow the panel to be removed.

I'm confused, I'm referring to the single front glass panel of the case. I know about the side panels, but I've yet to see someone take off the front panel glass panel..

I noticed you sold a replacement front panel, however it didn't come with any instructions on how to replace it.

Archived