Corsair Community

Does the Corsair H100i V2 come with the amd am4 bracket yet?

AlexDorado

First, at this point, I'd get the Pro or Platinum. The V2 is EOL.

And both of them come with the AM4 bracket.

Is there any real difference between the v2 and the pro

The upgrade i am making is getting a AMD Ryzen 7 1700x and getting the Corsair 460x case and getting the corsair H100i v2

But if there is any real difference let me know please and thanks for the reply.

Yes, there is a real and substantial difference between the two. The Pro has a newer pump design (internal) and is a couple of generations ahead of the V2. The Pro also comes with ML fans (non-RGB) that are significantly quieter than the SPs that come with the V2.

The Platinum is even more different. It has a CoolIt pump rather than an Asetek pump, so different OEM. It also comes with higher-speed ML-RGB fans.

Both come with all the mounting hardware required for the AM4 socket.

Any of them - quite honestly - will do a good job cooling your Ryzen 7. But why get an end-of-life product when you can get a current model?

Yes, there is a real and substantial difference between the two. The Pro has a newer pump design (internal) and is a couple of generations ahead of the V2. The Pro also comes with ML fans (non-RGB) that are significantly quieter than the SPs that come with the V2.

The Platinum is even more different. It has a CoolIt pump rather than an Asetek pump, so different OEM. It also comes with higher-speed ML-RGB fans.

Both come with all the mounting hardware required for the AM4 socket.

Any of them - quite honestly - will do a good job cooling your Ryzen 7. But why get an end-of-life product when you can get a current model?

Ok so i am getting to h100i pro but when i was watching installation guides on how to install the h100i pro, they said you need these two little black brackets that come on your motherboard when you get it, but when i got my motherboard i threw the two little black brackets away because to install the stock cooler for AMD you don't need that. Is there ANY other way to install it without those two little black brackets. Also thank you for the quick reply's.

No, there isn't. But those black brackets should be pretty easily available; I'm fairly certain that it's the same bracket used on AM2 and higher.

EDIT: No, apparently not quite. But ... https://www.amazon.com/PartsCollection-Retention-Bracket-Cooling-Mounting/dp/B07C2BXDQM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1541978847&sr=8-3&keywords=am4+bracket

Can i use this instead or not ... https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-%7C-Parts/PC-Components/Cooling-And-Corsair-Link/AM4-AMD-Retention-Bracket-Kit-for-Hydro-Series%E2%84%A2-Coolers/p/CW-8960046

If not i will just buy an upgraded motherboard like a b450 instead of b350

• Corsair Employee
That'll work for a H100i V2, not for the Pro. Assuming that the H100i doesn't come with it in the box - I'm not 100% sure if it'll be in the box.

Initially, they didn't come with it. We did update the package contents to include it. If the packaging states it supports AM4, it will have the included bracket.

Archived