Corsair Community

Hydro H100i mounted with Intel brackets on AM3+

Alkaline

Hi,

I got my H100i today, and of course I had to use my stock AMD mount brackets/Heatsink retention bracket, which is gone long time ago.

I have the backplate and mounting brackets from Hyper 212 Evo installed.

So, typical me, I got a little creative and saw that if I use the plate/bracket from Intel, and just rotate the whole cpu block, then I can atleast get 2 screws in diagonally.

What do you guys think about this? I know it isnt optimized, lol.. But is it decent, it will work right? ~3hours so far, and the temperature are still awesome. 33C when surfing around, and maximum 43C in BF4 on ultra, with the radiator fans at only 20%. And not just that, my CPU is overclocked to 4525MHz with a maximum Vcore at 1.404v.

No worries, right?

Creativity is not always the best for technology already established.

I would not want you to work on my car.

Would you trust your car if you only put 2 or 3 lug nuts to hold each tire?

You have the pump held down, but the the force is not holding the pump/CPU in a planar surface.

It needs to be perfectly Flat on the CPU. Two screws in a four-screw hold-down bracket can cause the mating surface to become uneven over time. For $10, buy the AMD 2-screw bracket that is designed to hold the pump to the CPU with even force, if you tighten the screws evenly. Always use the bracket designed for your motherboard.

Archived