Corsair Community

Corsair Commander pro question???

tlhudd4

I am currently building a Custom PC Desk. I am going to be running 6 Corsair RBG HD 120mm fans. I would also like to have corsair RBG lighting strips around the entire perimeter of the desk. How many strips can i hook in series together? The desk is 62" wide by 30" deep. I will probably put some extension in to space out the strips, but I want all the lighting to be able to perform correctly. Any thought or suggestions on the best way to run everything through this hub and to the motherboard would be appreciated. I am going to put the hub on the under side of the desk so you wont see the cables and then bring them up to where the motherboard is located.

I am currently building a Custom PC Desk. I am going to be running 6 Corsair RBG HD 120mm fans. I would also like to have corsair RBG lighting strips around the entire perimeter of the desk. How many strips can i hook in series together? The desk is 62" wide by 30" deep. I will probably put some extension in to space out the strips, but I want all the lighting to be able to perform correctly. Any thought or suggestions on the best way to run everything through this hub and to the motherboard would be appreciated. I am going to put the hub on the under side of the desk so you wont see the cables and then bring them up to where the motherboard is located.

I just installed 5 HD 120 fans and 4 section of the RGB lights that come with the lighting node pro in my 460x. I hooked the LED lights right to the commander pro in LED channel 2 and my LED fan controller to LED channel 1. I'm able to control each fan and individual light strips. All I had to do was open up link4 software and add 4 strips to the commander pro configuration once i installed them.

One thing i did learn is that the lights are supposed to be hooked up in a certain direction (there's an arrow on the strip that indicates what direction they need to be linked in) after I fixed that it worked like a charm. I would think you could hook up as many as you need for that size desk without an issue, but maybe someone else with more experience could comment.

Thanks for the feedback. I am assuming that i can hook up each of the corsair fans to the 6 available fan slots on the on the Commander pro. I am think 6-8 strips will be enough for what i am looking for around the desk. I just need to find out if i can hook 8 together in a row and go off of one of the LED connections or if i need to split it to 4 and 4. All 8 together would be ideal to make it easier to control effects.

Nope.. sorry buddy,, 4 strips only per channel. i had this dilemma my self. the answer is to have a commander pro and a lighting node pro.. 8 strips (4 on each channel) on the lighting node pro which leaves the commander pro free to do fan dutys both rpm and rgb control via the rgb hub

Archived