Corsair Community

Corsair VOID stereo headset loose volume wheel (volume changes etc.)

McFtmch

Hello, I've had my corsair VOID stereo headset for a year and a few months, and the last month I've started having problems with it, there seems to be a loose connection in the volume wheel, if I change the volume the sound can dissapear in one or both speakers/the volume gets lower/higher very erraticly etc.

In order to get balanced volume in both speakers AT ALL I need to twist the well back and forth to find some sort of "sweet spot". Now I was thinking about sending my headset to corsair since they have a two years warranty (the place where I bought it only had a warranty for one year). However, I was wondering if it's worth it considering they do not fix/replace things that are broken because of "normal wear and tear". Now in MY opinion one should be able to use the volume wheel now and then for at least two years without it breaking after slightly more then a year.

Has anyone had the same problem and have you gotten a new/repaired headset from Corsair? Or should I just save me the time and money and not send it?

Try to make RMA ticket first. Probably Corsair will replace it. In my case I made RMA ticket but I had to spend about 50$ to send it to Corsair Netherlands. So I took RMA ticket from Corsair, went to the shop where I bought my headset and returned money.

• 7 months later...
  • Corsair Employee

Typically the RMA process takes a couple business days once the product is received. The balance of downtime is shipping time. We also have an express RMA option available where we can ship the replacement ahead. Our technical support staff can help you out with either after you submit an RMA request on our website:

https://support.corsair.com/

Archived