Corsair Community

SF600 cable length and cable compability

Stormquist

Hi,

I recently purchased a SF600 for my Fractal Nano case so there would be more room between the PSU and the GFX.

It would have worked great if I had researched beforehand how short the 24pin cable was and remedied it. Alas I did not and the cable doesn't reach, well it barely does if I route it infront of the gfx, but that isn't especially pretty and it's very tight.

It was suggested to me that I could purchase an extension for the 24pin so I put in an order. Foiled again! ::pirate::

The SF600 uses a 10+18 pin cable so the 24pin extension I purchased didn't work. The saying measure twice, cut once comes to mind. Should have done more homework :laughing:

TL;DR: What kind of 10+18/24pin cable can I buy that's longer than the stock SF600 and has the right connectors? Hopefully they can be had for fairly cheap since I already wasted some money on the extension. :cool:

I had an epic brainfart, I had issues getting the 24pin out of the motherboard so I looked at the other end figuring I could put the extension there and my train of thought derailed at that point.

Ofcourse the extension goes on the end that goes into the mobo and not the psu! I hope I'm not alone in overlooking simple stuff from time to time :P

You can close this thread, it's all up and running now after I realised my embarrassing mistake :)

Thanks for the quick reply,

• 4 weeks later...
I'm very glad I was able to assist you with this and am very happy it turned out well.

If you have some pictures, I'd love for you to post them!

attachment.php?attachmentid=30132&d=1499470117

The SF works great in the Fractal Nano case :D: Upgraded with a new cooler since this pic was taken tho.

PHOTO_20170613_230625_zps3ik37zpa.thumb.jpg.dd6d83347aaaffe4ae2c76403bc1066c.jpg

Archived