Corsair Community

Seeking for a PSU, compatible with Intel i7-6700k and Asus Z170 Pro

Pan_Melas

Good day to all

The title says it all.

I am trying to find a compatible PSU in the 500~750 W range, compatible with the above CPU/Motherboard combination.

I have found the VS Series-650W CP-9020051-NA PSU, which "conforms to ATX12V v2.31 standard", as per its specs and at the same moment is quite affordable, but I am not sure if its specs are compatible with the above CPU/Mobo combination.

Any feedback will be highly appreciated.

Are you looking for fully modular PSU? How many GPU's will you be using?

You're components are pretty high end, so I would suggest at least a RMx.

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/rmx-series-rm650x-650-watt-80-plus-gold-certified-fully-modular-psu

Thanks, Henry, I will follow your advice.

BTW, I am going to use only one GPU, the XFX Radeon R9-380, 4GB one, but in connection with it there are some more add-in components, like four additional storage HDDs, a TV video capture card, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Update

From this morning, I am the owner of a modular Corsair HX Series HX1050 Pro 80 Plus Gold PSU (EU Plug). I hope it will cover my demands.

-

I am updating this thread because today, after a long absence abroad, when I returned home, I tried to operate my PC and I observed that the main (side or top - it depends how the PSU is positioned in the PC case) fan of the HX1050 PSU does not turn at all.

However, the computer worked fine for several minutes, I managed to install the updates (quite a few, I can say) and after finishing this job I shut it down and I am now posting my observation.

I have never seen before a PSU supplying enough power to a PC for several minutes with its fan non operating. I wonder if there is a function in it to turn the fan on when it gets warm enough and turn it off again when it's cooled down.

If this function does not exist, is what I observed a malfunction?

And if yes, what can I do to save the PSU from getting destroyed?

Thanks

hi. your psu can work at zero rpm fan if the psu have to handle system load under 20%, you can see it there to TECH SPECS page ( http://www.corsair.com/en-eu/hx-series-hx1050-power-supply-1050-watt-80-plus-gold-certified-modular-psu-eu ). i assume when you only make those installs the watts load was very low. So you can try a heavy triple-A game title to see how the psu behave or a heavy stress test to your pc. i dont know if your psu can work with zero rpm fan speed under some temp to psu.

hi. your psu can work at zero rpm fan if the psu have to handle system load under 20%, you can see it there to TECH SPECS page ( http://www.corsair.com/en-eu/hx-series-hx1050-power-supply-1050-watt-80-plus-gold-certified-modular-psu-eu ). i assume when you only make those installs the watts load was very low. So you can try a heavy triple-A game title to see how the psu behave or a heavy stress test to your pc. i dont know if your psu can work with zero rpm fan speed under some temp to psu.

Thanks for your recommendation, mate (your nickname sounds "Greek" to me, am I right?).

I tried a stress test, the AIDA64 stability test, and it forced the PSU fan to start and keep operating. As soon as I stopped the test, the fan stopped. This is a very nice feature, I can say and it is a pleasant surprise for me.

Thank you again.

Archived