Corsair Community

HX620 compatibility with Antec P180 case

Mordeth01

I'm currently looking to purchase a new case and PSU for my system.

My premier choice is the Antec 180 (black).

The PSU is installed at the bottom of this case.

Are the cables provided with the HX620 long enough to reach my motherboard and drives?

Any experience installing with this specific model anyone?

I believe that the PSU itself should fit without a problem, I checked the measurements.

Thank you.

Are the cables provided with the HX620 long enough to reach my motherboard and drives?

Thank you.

I, too have a P180 waiting for assembly.

I think our best bet is to check the user reviews of the case on Newegg; take advantage of others pain.

Reviews of the case on other sites can help, too but remember that different motherboards have power sockets located in different spots (example, DFI Ultra-D and Expert/Venus have very different locations and requirements for power leads.

Good Luck

• Corsair Employee
We have tested the HX620 and 520 in the P180 from Antec and the Lian-Li V1000 series and the cables are long enough. This was one of our most important tests since a lot of people complain about this shortcoming of other PSUs.

Thank you!

That was exactly what I was hoping to hear!

I read alot of reviews and some mentioned the quantity of cables, but none with my specific question in mind.

Finally looks like I'm all set to buy one...

Now to find one in The Netherlands.:roll:

The introduction dates keep shifting it seems...:mad:

• 2 weeks later...
I own a P-180 (complete with modded case to show off all the stuff inside Yes, I even put a window in that ugly fan box that was hiding everything) I have a Corsair 620 PSU sitting under it all and yes the cables are most definitely long enough. also, as you will find out the 180 is one of the toughest cases to cable up... at least it was until I dumped the first PSU I put in it that wouldn't support SLI for the Corsair 620. With its flat cables, it was much much easier to route everything (I've got 5 SATA2 HDD's in there and it's got to be neat to work without snapping connectors. A big help in wiring the 620 was to separate all the flat cables into individual strands, more flex and better airflow. Sooo go with the 180 and the 620 they rate a 10 in my book. P.S. if you want to stuff a window in it let me know, it's really tricky but it came out like Antec should have done it.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, the 620 PSU should arrive at my retailers shortly. Or should I say finally?!!:evil:

I read about the P180 being a hassle to build a PSU into, but the modular system looks to make it a bit easier.

A window? Thru the 3-layered side panel?:bigeyes:

For now I'm going for the silent and pre-fab solution, so no cutting for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I've been up 'n running for about 3 weeks now.

I must say the P180 is not the easiest case to build a PSU into. I'm glad I chose a modular one. The PSU fits snugly, but it's a bit of a struggle to fit the cables into the cablesockets because of the lack of space between the PSU and de P180 bottom fan. I probably should have removed the fan first, but I got it done in the end anyway.

The cables of the HX620 are long enough, even the 4-pin, which in my case was located at the lefternmost top of the case, fit ok. Very nicely done Corsair!

The PSU is very quiet and doesn't seem te be running hot. (The expelled air isn't even warm!)

I'm very pleased with my purchase.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived