Corsair Community

CX600 PSU Heat issue?

supadoom

So I have a Corsair CX600 600 Watt PSU in my system that has a idle temp of 60-70 Celcius. The online specs say its idle temp should be 40 Celcius. Is this normal or could there be a problem? I'm getting these temps from CPUID's HWmonitor software form the AUXTIN TEMP status.

• Corsair Employee

No.

The PSU is rated to run full output capability continuously at temperatures of upwards of 40°C. THAT is what the website says.

Like SpDFre@k said: There is no temperature reading on a CX PSU. Not one that a user can interface, at least. The temperature of 60 to 70°C you are seeing in CPUID is something else entirely.

"Hot to the touch" is very subjective. Is the PSU fan at least spinning?

The fan is spinning, Yes.

Also When I said "According to there website that is the psu temperature" I was referring to the HWmonitor software documentation, not the psu info.

As in the "AUXTIN" variable is the variable assigned to the psu temerature.

• Corsair Employee

No. That's straight out wrong information.

You simply cannot measure the temperature of a PSU with software unless the PSU provides that information itself; such as the example of an HXi or an AXi series PSU. It is impossible for HWMonitor to monitor the temperature of a PSU that does not provide temperatures.

I don't know where those temperatures are being polled from, but I guarantee you those are not PSU temperatures.

I'm not saying your wrong I was adding info to see if you guys had any ideas on what its actually pulling the data off of. Since the temperature fluctuates it must be a component that is actually measuring it but I have no idea what it could be... That's why I'm here.

I'm not saying your wrong I was adding info to see if you guys had any ideas on what its actually pulling the data off of. Since the temperature fluctuates it must be a component that is actually measuring it but I have no idea what it could be... That's why I'm here.

AUXTIN is a input on the LPC hardware monitoring chip. Many motherboards don't connect a sensor so the signal just floats and the "temperature" reported is meaningless. A good way to check is to look at what the BIOS reports. Do you have the ASRock utility installed? What does it report? There may be a file called similar to 880GXH*.xml. This can be read to see if AUXTIN is actually used on your motherboard.

Page 8 of the manual (ftp://europe.asrock.com/manual/880GXHUSB3.pdf) only specifies CPU Temperature Sensing and Chassis Temperature Sensing.

Archived