Corsair Community

Corsair Polaris MM800 Lighting

Agree with the rest. When my computer shut off The mat starts going in spiral rainbow hell making it difficult to sleep. Having to unplug the mouse mat every night is kind of annoying.

If we had a choice we'd rather have it off than perpetually on anytime it receives power.

• 3 weeks later...

Did they ever release a fix for having the lights off when your computer is locked?

I have problems with my mouse and need to go get a replacement today. I figured while I am out I might as well pick up a hard mouse surface. I hear once you switch to hard you never go back.

I would just get the Logitech surface, but it's bigger than my keyboard tray.

Did they ever release a fix for having the lights off when your computer is locked?

I have problems with my mouse and need to go get a replacement today. I figured while I am out I might as well pick up a hard mouse surface. I hear once you switch to hard you never go back.

I would just get the Logitech surface, but it's bigger than my keyboard tray.

they have not becuase they can not due to hardware limitations.

• 9 months later...

Hey there, I am still looking for a fix to this problem.. I would love to be able, for exemple a static color thats stays on when CUE is not opened... Or even shut down the mouse pad lightning.

A FW patch could be a good solution, so i'm looking for your answer @CorsairJames !

• Corsair Employee
It's a mouse pad, so a timeout function wouldn't really work here... Technically, the device is ALWAYS idle. You may just want to do as James suggested above, turn off power to the USB when the computer is idle in the BIOS. This should be possible to assign to just a single USB port if you are using a recent motherboard.

Are there any updates? I mean one big question...the default lighting effect (rainbowspiral) which is activated when there is no connection to the cue has to be stored anywhere too or not? so why is there no possible way to edit this default thing..i mean my PC i always turned on and I cant turn my USB ports off so when I lock it my K95 and my Glaive is a very dark red that it is not that light in my room and my mousepad is completely unstopable...not that cool

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

This is incredibly annoying and disappointing. I feel like it should be a core function for all of these RGB devices to have on-board memory, especially considering their price! How can you make the unchangeable default option an epileptic's worst nightmare???

Frankly, I would not have invested in many of the Corsair CUE products had I known this is what I was in for.

MM800

ST100

If you can patch this in firmware, please do it.

Or maybe create an intermediary USB device that sits between the DUMB device and the computer than 'adds' non-volatile memory that can store a profile for the downstream device to use.

I feel like the only way to explain this is straight up laziness.

• 2 months later...

WOW ..... there is no solution from Corsair since over 2 years :mad:

not just a simple modifed current firmware where the lights off by simple connected to USB and start the light effects if iCUE is paired only :!: :idea:

So for example the firmware default should be "static color" 0/0/0....

I found the original MM800 Firmware in the forum, is anybody able to modify it

and we can use the "CRP DISABLD USB disk drive" option to exchange the FW on the pad.....

MM800 FW v0.03.24_App_v1.02.50.bin.zip

Edited by nutsman

• 1 month later...
WOW ..... there is no solution from Corsair since over 2 years :mad:

not just a simple modifed current firmware where the lights off by simple connected to USB and start the light effects if iCUE is paired only :!: :idea:

So for example the firmware default should be "static color" 0/0/0....

I found the original MM800 Firmware in the forum, is anybody able to modify it

and we can use the "CRP DISABLD USB disk drive" option to exchange the FW on the pad.....

I agree, this is ridiculous and a complete waste of money. Can someone please release a firmware containing this simple fix. They claim that it's not possible, however, if I turn the brightness all the way to off, then lock the computer, the LED's stay off. Therefore a "sleep" setting is possible if they simply make the device think the brightness is set to zero.

• 6 months later...

Hello!

I have found a solution to MM800 not blacking out on pc locking:

[ame=

]
[/ame]

Requirements:

• Windows 10 (not sure about Windows 8/8.1 features)
  • Administration priviledges

The steps:

1. Force update Firmware of MM800 in iCue. It's weird, but neglecting this step will result with an inability to disable the device.
  2. Open PowerShell with Administrator permissions (Win+X, then A, then Enter).
  3. Type:
    Get-PnpDevice -InstanceId "USB\VID_1B1C&PID_1B3B*" | Ft -Wrap -Autosize InstanceId

This should give you 3 InstanceIds for MM800:
    http://i.imgur.com/yaLt5qd.png
    The one that we need is the topmost one. Copy it.

4. [Optional] Try disabling and enabling the MM800 lights by issuing commands:
    Disable-PnpDevice -Confirm:0 -InstanceId "USB\VID_1B1C&PID_1B3B\35800217018D2AAF042EAF5AC41B00F5"

Enable-PnpDevice -Confirm:0 -InstanceId "USB\VID_1B1C&PID_1B3B\35800217018D2AAF042EAF5AC41B00F5"

replacing the stuff in quotation marks with yours.
    If the commands work correctly, proceed.

5. Press Win+R, type "taskschd.msc", press Enter.
  6. On the right of the new window press "Create Task...".
  7. Type name of new task - e.g. "MM800 Off".
  8. Tick "Run with highest priviledges" and "Hidden". You might as well switch "Configure for" to "Windows 10", but I doubt if it changes anything.
  9. Switch to "Triggers" tab and create a new trigger.
    Change the "Begin the task:" field to "On workstation lock" and press OK.
  10. Switch to "Actions" tab and create a new action.
    In "Program/script:" field type
    powershell

and in "Add arguments (optional):" type

-command "Disable-PnpDevice -Confirm:0 -InstanceId 'USB\VID_1B1C&PID_1B3B\35800217018D2AAF042EAF5AC41B00F5'"

again, replacing stuff in apostrophes with the InstanceId obtained in step 1. Mind the quotation marks and apostrophes.

11. Repeat steps 6-10 with different values:
    • Name: e.g. "MM800 On".
    • "Begin the task:" On workstation unlock
    • "Add arguments (optional):
      -command "Enable-PnpDevice -Confirm:0 -InstanceId 'USB\VID_1B1C&PID_1B3B\35800217018D2AAF042EAF5AC41B00F5'"

again, replacing stuff in apostrophes with the InstanceId obtained in step 2.

Everything else should stay the same.

[*] You're done. If you've done all the steps correctly, you should be awarded with nice black Corsair Polaris MM800 after station locking (Win+L). After logging in again, the mousepad should glow with whatever iCUE profile you've locked the PC.

Hope this helps anyone who's bothered by Feng-Shui breaking MM800 pad.

PS. This only disables the lighting, leaving the USB hub untouched.

Cheers,

Bartosz Rosadzinski

Edited by VolterPL

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
How did it work out?

Hi! Sorry for not leaving an update, I was way too lazy to be asked to do the solution @VolterPL provided until now.

It works pretty much perfectly however, the PowerShell command Disable-PnpDevice is WAY too unreliable and rarely ever works. It usually throws an error resembling;

Disable-PnpDevice : Not supported At line:1 char:1

However, spam "force update" for the MM800 would allow it to finally work... only once.. then it would break again.

So instead I did all the steps that @VolterPL explained but I replaced PowerShell with DevCon. The way I did it is rather crude but works for me but could probably be better optimized by someone who actually knows what they are doing.

The disable task action I created with DevCon is to set the program to cmd.exe and the "Add arguments (optional):" to

/C devcon remove "USB\VID_1B1C&PID_1B3B*"

The enable task is the same but with the "Add arguments (optional):" to

/C devcon rescan

The disable task simply removes the device rendering it essentially disabled, I did it this way because directly disabling it didn't work so I forcibly removed it. Then the enable task simply rescans for the removed hardware and enables it.

How to install devcon;

devcon is no longer something you can independently install, rather you need to install WDK and copy the devcon.exe from the x64 or x86 respectively to your Windows/System32

See; https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/download-the-wdk

And a video on where to drag the devcon.exe (it is a VERY old version of windows but it works.); [ame]

[/ame]

This devcon method should work on pretty much every version of windows. And again, just so I am clear--I am doing the EXACT steps that @VolterPL provided except step #3 and #4 as "USB\VID_1B1C&PID_1B3B*" should work for everyone since devcon is just removing any devices for that path which should only ever be the MM800.

The tasks I am talking about for devcon disable/enable is his step #5 not devcon itself. Devcon is simply acting as PowerShell in my situation. Sorry if that isn't clear.

I may edit this to provide a better writeup and/or a video explanation as it is quite complicated for some users.

Edited by RockinChaos

• 1 month later...
Wish id read this thread first before paying for this. This is a big disappointment. Ive most of my lights off in HW profiles and a couple set to red, keeps the room dull at night. Running it off my USB keyboard probably just going to have to unplug it each night

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just another thing Corsair that pisses me off. I really hope someone from Corsair reads this because I'm sick of spending thousands of dollars on your products to run across crap like this.

Zero excuse not to have patched SOMETHING, anything into iCUE to address this. Your priorities need some serious revaluation.

You could stick a giant bulky USB hub into the top of a mousepad (wow no one in QA thought this was a dumb idea?), but you can't put 1kb of memory into the base so it can store a hardware profile? REALLY?