Corsair Community

So here is the thing.

I've now had my Corsair STRAFE keyboard for awhile now, and I'm very satisfied on how it works.

Lately I've started to get bored of the continuous red light, so I decided to switch to something else.

I used the default ripple effect for a couple of days.

But then a thought went through my head!

"What if, I google'd for some lighting settings?"

So I did, and I got here.

After 5-6 hours last night (I got to bed at 6am because of this) I managed to try some of the profiles that krazykid and Schwitz has made earlier.

But because I only have red as an option on my keyboard, I had to edit some of the effects so my keyboard didn't stay lit all the time (more or less).

So I ruled out some of the effects and edited some of them.

Keyboard: http://www.corsair.com/en-us/landing/strafe

But since I am a noob at this, I'm just wondering on some of this stuff.

I've tried to set different macros and actions to do certain commands with the lights.

But since I have a Steelseries mice, my macros/actions in the CUE doesn't work. I've tried what I know, but I haven't really gotten myself around how to macro :p:

So here is what I want to know about the lighting setup.

First off, is there any chance that I can make a macro in the CUE and then place a macro in the Steelseries Engine so when I do the macro my keyboard do the following preset that I've made?

Second off, I know that Steelseries has this GameSense thing, that allows my mice to blink or swap colors at certain things ingame.

Forexample, if I'm running low in ammo in CS:GO, the light on the wheel changes from orange to black. Or the logo changes from turquoise to light blue at 10 kills, the blue at 20, purple at 30 and so on.

Is that possible to do with the CUE for my keyboard as well?

My guess is that it would be a lot of work to do so, but I would at least try to see if it's possible and how to proceed.

There is no CUE for the STRAFE to design profiles like you can on the RGB version.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't CUE stands for Corsair Utility Engine?

Cause I have that installed on my computer, and it allows me too add and change the things I want.

https://gyazo.com/2f8526e361c5db00754127425af672d4

https://gyazo.com/2305ddd51cec118f85196b390859fe96

You know the drill.

Or is there something that I am missing out here?

What i meant was, the regular strafe cannot do colors and all the pretty stuff a RGB keyboard can, its limited to just red. You cannot import other profiles from people that made something off a RGB keyboard, even if they made it in just red. And yes correct, CUE does stand for Corsair Utility Engine, not to be confused with Elestriels CEE or Corsair effects engine. As for the steelseries thing, im not too sure about that

What i meant was, the regular strafe cannot do colors and all the pretty stuff a RGB keyboard can, its limited to just red. You cannot import other profiles from people that made something off a RGB keyboard, even if they made it in just red. And yes correct, CUE does stand for Corsair Utility Engine, not to be confused with Elestriels CEE or Corsair effects engine.

I know that, so thats why I stated that in the start:p:

But I did import some of the profiles that you have made, and the Hazard that Schwitz has made. The Hazard profile even gave me modes to choose between, but the ones you've made I had add the effects manually.

All the effects them self works, but since there is a lot of them I had to op out some of them so the keyboard don't stay lit all the time.

Still gave me some awesome effects:headbang:

But anyways.

The thing I was wondering more about, is if I can make my keyboard do certain lighting effects like the GameSense does for my SteelSeries mice?

Forexample, if I'm playing CS:GO and I click left mouse button, the whole keyboard blinks? (Excluded 12345, TAB, Q,W,R,A,S,D, Shift, V,B, Ctrl and Space)

Or when I'm jump, my keyboard starts off a lighting effect from down on the keyboard and goes upwards through all the keys?

I know that, so thats why I stated that in the start:p:

But I did import some of the profiles that you have made, and the Hazard that Schwitz has made.

and they worked? even though your keyboard only displays in red? so i guess it does work to a point.

and they worked? even though your keyboard only displays in red? so i guess it does work to a point.

Yes they works.

Only thing I had to do was to op out some of the effects so it doesn't stay red all the time. So to some point they work.

I think it's because we use the same program, but you can swap to other colors as well.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBFMI6xHIhA[/ame]

Here is a quick video with the different light profiles that I have now.

Yes they works.

Only thing I had to do was to op out some of the effects so it doesn't stay red all the time. So to some point they work.

I think it's because we use the same program, but you can swap to other colors as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBFMI6xHIhA

Here is a quick video with the different light profiles that I have now.

oh thats neat, so you can only use red stuff but they still work. I see you got my defective profile to work, i can't get the mode file to work on my K95 anymore so i would need to plug-in my K70 to import it. But i might think about revisiting that profile, i like how it came out and that was a long time ago.

oh thats neat, so you can only use red stuff but they still work. I see you got my defective profile to work, i can't get the mode file to work on my K95 anymore so i would need to plug-in my K70 to import it. But i might think about revisiting that profile, i like how it came out and that was a long time ago.

That's correct:):

I got all the profiles to work, but only the Hazard profile had the different modes in them.

I don't mind adding the effects myself, even if it does require a little work too do so:p:

Edit: But off course, it's nice to have the modes within the profiles, so the presets are the same as the maker made them.

Alex(KKid), it takes the brightness values for each colour and translates it to a red-scale counterpart. All the effects you can do on an RGB, you can do on the basic. All you need to do is in the file remove the ' RGB' from the strafe device name.

So here is what I want to know about the lighting setup.

First off, is there any chance that I can make a macro in the CUE and then place a macro in the Steelseries Engine so when I do the macro my keyboard do the following preset that I've made?

Second off, I know that Steelseries has this GameSense thing, that allows my mice to blink or swap colors at certain things ingame.

Forexample, if I'm running low in ammo in CS:GO, the light on the wheel changes from orange to black. Or the logo changes from turquoise to light blue at 10 kills, the blue at 20, purple at 30 and so on.

Is that possible to do with the CUE for my keyboard as well?

My guess is that it would be a lot of work to do so, but I would at least try to see if it's possible and how to proceed.

I'd firstly like to preface this all with, whilst I have been here a long time, I'm no expert on these topics. If somebody with more experience knows otherwise, please step in and correct me.

To answer your questions:

First, I'm not sure. A macro that triggers a key event will not activate a macro on the keyboard with that key, but as for the software being even slightly compatible, lets say I have my doubts :sigh!:

Second, The gamesense effects are only able to work by having a hook into the game/program that its trying to read. CUE has no such hooks, therefore it isnt possible unless you start using the CUE SDK and find a legitimate hook into the game (trying to read memory will almost certainly get you VACd unless you use already approved programs to check it)

So, in short. No. Unless you want to start using 3rd party software/ start coding your own using the SDK.

Alex(KKid), it takes the brightness values for each colour and translates it to a red-scale counterpart. All the effects you can do on an RGB, you can do on the basic. All you need to do is in the file remove the ' RGB' from the strafe device name.

This is how i assumed it would work. That means i could technically start making profiles for non RGB keyboards and have them work much better than the ones made specifically for RGB keyboards and imported into a non rgb.

So, in short. No. Unless you want to start using 3rd party software/ start coding your own using the SDK.

So that's what I thought after checking the same thing with the SteelSeries engine. I can make my own settings for different games, but then I have to do that SDK stuff. It seems to be a lot of work, but will still take a look when I have the time.

But it would still be awesome if Corsair made something like this for their engine too.

This is how i assumed it would work. That means i could technically start making profiles for non RGB keyboards and have them work much better than the ones made specifically for RGB keyboards and imported into a non rgb.

Yes. All the effects (almost) for the RGB ones works on my non-RGB. So I really think it's possible that you can even just copy/paste the ones you've made and edit them a little so they work a little better on the non-RGBs.

After saving the profiles, it seems that I also save the modes.

I copied some of the effects and renamed them.

Then I made a "new" profile with the effects and exported that.

Deleted the profile and effects, and imported it and had the mode I made with all effects and groups.

Archived