Corsair Community

Received my brand new Vengeance 1500 - Issues!

UROG

Hi Corsair Forums!

I received my brand new Vengeance 1500 headset today and I did as the site requires me to do; uninstall the previously installed driver which is downloaded somehow from somewhere by Windows itself, restart and re-install the latest from Corsair's website and restart the PC.

Ok, all those steps done.

Skype, works, ok ok...

Teamspeak 3, works, ok ok...

Battlefield 3....not working, wtf?

Can't get any sound out from the game no matter what setting I'm using on the headsets.

Any solution for this?

Oh btw, the site, Corsair.com, is down. Can't connect to the product pages at all nor the support pages!

• Corsair Employee
That is very odd. Make sure in your sound properties yous the 1500 to your default device. Disable everything else. Also go into the BF3 sound settings and select headphones. Try this out. You may need to exit the game, and re join after your change these settings.

Hi Corsair Forums!

I received my brand new Vengeance 1500 headset today and I did as the site requires me to do; uninstall the previously installed driver which is downloaded somehow from somewhere by Windows itself, restart and re-install the latest from Corsair's website and restart the PC.

Ok, all those steps done.

Skype, works, ok ok...

Teamspeak 3, works, ok ok...

Battlefield 3....not working, wtf?

Can't get any sound out from the game no matter what setting I'm using on the headsets.

Any solution for this?

Oh btw, the site, Corsair.com, is down. Can't connect to the product pages at all nor the support pages!

Hey Urog,

When you get it working with BF3, let me know if you encounter any issues with the sound direction. As in, if someone is approaching from the right, you'd hear it as if they're approaching from left.

I have the directional sound issue sporadically in BF3. I'd start a game off and it would sound fine, then all of a sudden the directions reverse/invert/flip.

Thanks!

Hey Urog,

When you get it working with BF3, let me know if you encounter any issues with the sound direction. As in, if someone is approaching from the right, you'd hear it as if they're approaching from left.

I have the directional sound issue sporadically in BF3. I'd start a game off and it would sound fine, then all of a sudden the directions reverse/invert/flip.

Thanks!

This seems to be an issue with a lot of people....Mainly with BF3. But I have notice that mine does it more often with BF3 and Teamspeak running at the same time.

• Corsair Employee

I seem to see users having this issue with BF3 pretty much exclusive. I use the 1500 and now the 2000 while playing BF3 and never have had this issue.

I'm going to reach out to our Audio engineer and see if he has any advise on this matter.

What version of Windows 64BIT are you using?

I seem to see users having this issue with BF3 pretty much exclusive. I use the 1500 and now the 2000 while playing BF3 and never have had this issue.

I'm going to reach out to our Audio engineer and see if he has any advise on this matter.

What version of Windows 64BIT are you using?

I am using Windows 7 64-bit, Enterprise Edition, Service Pack 1. The rest of my system specs are on my profile on here.

Also, the L-R swap occurs within BF3 (randomly and sporadically) whether I have any other app running in the background or not (Skype, etc) so that isn't even a variable in my case.

Archived