Corsair Community

Never been as scared as after buying second hand Corsair one Pro

parenek4

Yes that's true I'm really scared now. My son has been saving money for several years to buy a gaming PC and he asked his dad for help. I was thinking about building a PC together with him can be a good idea, but after remembering all the troubleshooting, it can create I decided to go for the pre-built system. We found a Corsair one, and it was gorgeous. The only one thing was that we needed to buy an SSD. We bought it and installed win10 on it and of course fortnite.

We were only happy for an hour or so. PC kept crashing... We restarted, cleared CMOS BIOS, followed all of the guides on this forum and nothing help. Then after one of the crashes, we got video artefact all over monitor and GPU is not recognised in windows. As I understand this PC is one with failure PCI Express bridges and we are stuck, my son was never happier :( . Any suggestions what to do now?

This is a horrible situation :( I was really worried about getting a 2nd hand C1 too, but mine was fine. Is it possible to return it?

If the same had happened to me (and I do not recommend this to anyone) I would strip out everything except the riser cable from the C1 and put it into a regular ATX case - making sure the rads have fans on them. Get everything installed and tested in a chassis where I can easily figure out/replace the faulty component. If it all worked, I would beg Corsair to send or let me buy the 'fixed' cable. Depending on this conversation, I would then evaluate my situation, and either live with a different case or figure something else.

Disassembling a C1 is not the easiest experience - to put it in perspective Linus of Tech Tips fame broke his when he did it for a review...

This is a horrible situation :( I was really worried about getting a 2nd hand C1 too, but mine was fine. Is it possible to return it?

If the same had happened to me (and I do not recommend this to anyone) I would strip out everything except the riser cable from the C1 and put it into a regular ATX case - making sure the rads have fans on them. Get everything installed and tested in a chassis where I can easily figure out/replace the faulty component. If it all worked, I would beg Corsair to send or let me buy the 'fixed' cable. Depending on this conversation, I would then evaluate my situation, and either live with a different case or figure something else.

Disassembling a C1 is not the easiest experience - to put it in perspective Linus of Tech Tips fame broke his when he did it for a review...

Yes, I was an idiot purchasing corsair one second hand, but is it the statement Corsair team would love to hear? I mean look at Apple - they are supporting and take responsibility for the product, why should it be different for Corsair? They build a product and are saying that it is an engeering masterpeace, so is it a masterpiece only for those who bought it from the store directly and peace of .... for second-hand users or is that product is good for all of the users?

Yes, I was an idiot purchasing corsair one second hand, but is it the statement Corsair team would love to hear? I mean look at Apple - they are supporting and take responsibility for the product, why should it be different for Corsair? They build a product and are saying that it is an engeering masterpeace, so is it a masterpiece only for those who bought it from the store directly and peace of .... for second-hand users or is that product is good for all of the users?

not an idiot, but unlucky.

Do you have the original purchase recipet? Or you can also try contacting their support with the serial number to see if it's in warranty. Unfortunately computers do break... :(

• Corsair Employee

You can try the following:

- Double check that the PCIe ribbon cable is correctly plugged into the motherboard and video card, if the previous owner opened it up to remove an SSD, it's entirely possible something might've gotten bumped out of place.

- Setting the PCIe speed in BIOS to Gen 2 instead of auto/Gen 3.

- Updating the BIOS to the latest version for your unit.

- Replacing the PCIe ribbon cable in the system (we don't sell this as a spare part, but if you're not in warranty, nothing is stopping you from purchasing another ribbon cable elsewhere)

You can still try contacting our support team for help, the original purchase receipt/invoice from an authorized retailer would definitely help if the system is in warranty, but it shouldn't hurt to contact them if they have any additional troubleshooting procedures.

If the above suggestions don't resolve this, you should try to return the system to whoever you purchased it from.

• Corsair Employee
Yes that's true I'm really scared now. My son has been saving money for several years to buy a gaming PC and he asked his dad for help. I was thinking about building a PC together with him can be a good idea, but after remembering all the troubleshooting, it can create I decided to go for the pre-built system. We found a Corsair one, and it was gorgeous. The only one thing was that we needed to buy an SSD. We bought it and installed win10 on it and of course fortnite.

We were only happy for an hour or so. PC kept crashing... We restarted, cleared CMOS BIOS, followed all of the guides on this forum and nothing help. Then after one of the crashes, we got video artefact all over monitor and GPU is not recognised in windows. As I understand this PC is one with failure PCI Express bridges and we are stuck, my son was never happier :( . Any suggestions what to do now?

Please go to our support to create a ticket and PM me your ticket number, I will see what I can do.

Please go to our support to create a ticket and PM me your ticket number, I will see what I can do.

All the Corsair guys here are awesome :)

- Replacing the PCIe ribbon cable in the system (we don't sell this as a spare part, but if you're not in warranty, nothing is stopping you from purchasing another ribbon cable elsewhere)

Thinking out loud here, but some of the original cables had issues so are there any brands/models you'd particularly recommend for the unlucky few? I imagine as shielded as possible considering where it is hiding!

Nox

Archived