Corsair Community

New product suggestion: gaming keypad

Parmenedes

I recently upgraded my old [very] first generation k95 rgb to the new platinum version, and mostly I’m loving it, primarily because the old one seemed really buggy. BUT... I really, really miss having all 18 g keys. The Platinum only has six g keys, and trying to use them in combination with the numbers, qwe, asd, etc. is kind of a pain, since tab, caps, lock, and escape are sitting right in the middle of those other keys, and I clumsily end up hitting them by accident a lot, even after having developed at least some degree of muscle memory around the new setup. I suppose I could remap those keys to something else, but that’s not something I’d really like to do.

I went ahead and ordered a razer keypad to rectify this, but I would much prefer one made by corsair, as I haven’t had great experiences with razer products in the past.

It seems like a gaming keypad would fit right in with some of the other RGB gaming peripherals you guys already make (if it’s not too much of a niche product), so I thought I’d throw in my two cents and let you know that such a product is something I’d love to see in your lineup at some point.

I love the direction you guys have been heading with keyboards (except getting rid of those g keys!), mice, mousepads, headsets, etc. and look forward to seeing what else you come up with in the future.

• Corsair Employee
Hey Parmenedes, thanks for the feedback! I am one to agree with you, sometimes I run into the keys in-between (tab and shift), it would be a neat idea to have a gaming keypad. I'll pass this along to our team working on the keyboards.

• 1 month later...

I agree and would strongly recommend to offer a well desigend keypad,

like the old Logitech G13, especially with a durable joystick and a sufficient amount of G-Keys !

Logitech has discontinued their product and Razer is the only company with keypad products. But Razer is of such bad quality, that I would immediately purchase a Corsair combi keypad, mice and keyboard !

And I know many other gamer, waiting for a good product.

Thank guys for the feedback! We definitely have brought this attention to our team here. Hopefully it can get enough traction :)

I will support this in a heartbeat and order one right away after you create it!

I've been digging this since my razer orbweaver got faulty and gave it back to get refunded a corsair k70 rapidfire instead.

BTW ( Red + Brown switches would be ideal, not sure about rapidfire on a keypad though as i am typing with them right now )

* Edit, also the alluminum finish on it and some textured keycaps like your high end keyboards will be an icing on the cake! just throwing out ideas

* Edit 2 , make it look like a sports car, with exhausts and stuff haha, that would be so cool, an audi r8 maybe? one can dream for the perfect product i guess :P

Edited by Ektelion

I will support this in a heartbeat and order one right away after you create it!

Yes, I will also order. And not only for me.

Predective I presented a Corsair keyboard to my wife. When keypad comes out, she will get a Scimitar and the keypad, and for me all three devices will be on the order list.

(And then the Razer **** will go to trash :-) )

I would also buy a keypad from Corsair. I have owned a microsoft keypad type device years ago (called a Strategic Commander). It's joystick mechanism was rather unique, but really cool. You moved your whole hand in whatever direction you need the joystick to point. It even included a Z-axis twist feature. When my the device died, I replaced it with the only thing available, a Razer Orbweaver. The keys are clicky, similar to the Cherry MX Blue keys, which is annoying, and the "joystick" if that's what they want to call that stubby thing, is very hard to use. imprecise, and feels more like a prototype and less like a finished product.

Needless to say, a Corsair version, which included a well thought out joystick feature, and excellent Cherry MX Red keys would be wonderful! If this device is considered, RGB functionality (with CUE support) would be most welcome.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I agree, I just built a new pc, and wanting to go all corsair for rgb. I have the strife rgb KB and m65 mouse so far. but I play with the keyboard on my lap most of the time. and it would be nice having something smaller. so I was looking to see if they had anything like the orbweaver chroma, or g13. I was actually surprised to see corsair didn't have anything like this already.

please do this corsair, I plan on getting all my fans, aio cooler, ram and peripherals to be all corsair rgb so all the lighting effects can be synced with each other.

i'm not saying you have to hurry to produce these, but please hurry and produce these lol.

Let me 14th this. It makes no sense that my entire PC, Peripherals and everything is either Corsair or MSI and I've got this lone Razer product on my desk. I mean I love the orbweaver. I'm just sure that Corsair would make a better product. The thumb stick is a big thing for me. I use it for movement. I know it sounds weird but I feel like I need atleast 15 macros.

• 4 months later...
adding to this, sick of this trashcan on my desk with the palmrest pealing off. I understand there are probably some patents that make it impossible to be to much like the orbweavers, but something extremely close would be a godsend.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
I recently upgraded my old [very] first generation k95 rgb to the new platinum version, and mostly I’m loving it, primarily because the old one seemed really buggy. BUT... I really, really miss having all 18 g keys. The Platinum only has six g keys, and trying to use them in combination with the numbers, qwe, asd, etc. is kind of a pain, since tab, caps, lock, and escape are sitting right in the middle of those other keys, and I clumsily end up hitting them by accident a lot, even after having developed at least some degree of muscle memory around the new setup. I suppose I could remap those keys to something else, but that’s not something I’d really like to do.

I went ahead and ordered a razer keypad to rectify this, but I would much prefer one made by corsair, as I haven’t had great experiences with razer products in the past.

It seems like a gaming keypad would fit right in with some of the other RGB gaming peripherals you guys already make (if it’s not too much of a niche product), so I thought I’d throw in my two cents and let you know that such a product is something I’d love to see in your lineup at some point.

I love the direction you guys have been heading with keyboards (except getting rid of those g keys!), mice, mousepads, headsets, etc. and look forward to seeing what else you come up with in the future.

I have a Razer Orbweaver Chroma, and I would love to see Corsair developed a gamepad like it as well. I can't stand the clicky sound and want those Cherry MX switches. And I personally feel iCue is so much better than Synapse.

I want to see this product as well, and I think Corsair should be encouraging threads like this so they can see what their customers are interested in.

I would also like to see a better controller hub that allows me to control all of my room's lighting, which is standard 4-pin LED Strips. Not just the 3-pin that corsair uses. Cross-compatibility might drop sales of a specific product, i.e. lighting strips, but will boost overall sales and build customer loyalty. A PCIe expansion hub would work for this, allowing internal PC components' RGB to be connected as well as external RGB. It should have connectors for all of the current industry standards (which really need some better standardization) and USB. It could even have built-in processing for the controller so iCue takes up fewer system resources.

I would also like to see iCue powered RGB lightbulbs for my room's overhead light and lamp. Which could be done through a USB wireless receiver.

• 1 month later...

I check every few months to see if corsair has decided to make a competitor to the orbweaver. I've got an aging Logitech G-13 on my desk and I would replace it heartbeat if I saw an email blast announcing a Corsair gamepad.

There are so many great corsair keyboards to chose from, we just need one gamepad.

• 7 months later...
On 12/6/2021 at 6:50 PM, SnoopFogg said:

I agree!! The only non-Corsair product on my desktop in my old Razer Orbweaver Stealth, the palm cushion has worn off and Razer Synapse update keeps failing, I'd really like to replace it with a Corsair keypad some day.

Was thinking the same thing the other day. My Razer Tartarus Pro sticks out like a sore thumb, although it's intentional because it has analog switches, so I have the Tartarus for analog or dual-function input and the dpad, the Swiftpoint Z for the insane feature set (that one actually does tilting right) and the K100 and M65 Ultra for speed.

And who knows, maybe Corsair would mess up fewer things on a gaming keypad, though that branch never seems to take off, the downsides don't seem worth the slight, potential upsides, so I think Corsair would have to put a genius spin on it.

• 5 weeks later...

Some of us have a disability, some of us like the comfort, some of us like the customization, and some us (like myself) just have absurdly large hands. Whatever the reason may be, ergonomic keypads have been popular, albeit niche, for decades. I have used one since the Belkin Nostromo, and have tried many models over the last 2 decades. Most recently, I purchased a Razer Orbweaver 5 years ago, and it's age is definitely showing. I tried a Tartarus, but ended up giving that one to my wife because it wasn't as comfy for my large hands. Razer is terrible. Their software is worse. No reputable company is competing with Razer in this market, and it's sad that we are cornered into subpar peripherals. I'm not sure *why* Corsair and Logitech haven't tapped into this (Logi did, years ago with the g13) but, its not like the market isn't there. Razer Tartus has 10k reviews on Amazon. And those 10k+ people are pulling our hair out, begging for an alternative.