Corsair Community

iCUE early access SDK Handshake Failure CE Server

hastegag

So iCUE works impeccably for me so far with pretty much everything I have tried with two minor exceptions.

The first is something on this particular system that I had an issue with before in earlier CUE2 releases, regardless of whether I did a clean install or not, but basically every 2nd or 3rd time I would boot the system, or sometimes until a full reinstall of CUE, I could not get any SDK app to successfully handshake and it would throw the CE_ServerNotFound message, which generally means the SDK is not running.

This is a Win 10 Pro x64 box.

The Enable SDK box is checked in the application and toggling it on and off makes no difference until a full reinstall, but sometimes I could get away with a reboot.

Something appears to be loading out of order or preventing the CE Server from starting.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to fix this or perhaps tell me what the check box does in the application and I can see if I can force it?

I'm pretty sure (although I am about to double check and will post results) that the corsair integration in FarCry5 is not going to work until my regular SDK program does not have a handshake failure. That obviously is not a big deal for me, but the SDK integration in general is a big factor and it is why i am several releases back on the office PC as I started having this issue at home with the later CUE2 releases, albeit sporadically.

Also, I had Link installed when upgrading to iCUE, and there was a Link update available.

I just tried installing the link update, but on second thought I am going to uninstall Link and then reboot and see what happens. Maybe Link was causing some occasional hiccup with the SDK's CE server...and I don't need it anyways. I will reply with outcomes.

I had not read this when I installed it per CJ:

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=176106

That said, maybe I will reboot before uninstalling Link as I am not sure what version i had installed prior to installing iCUE and just now updating link.

I am not sure yet, but following a reboot having installed the link update, the SDK is running again. I'll let you know if that changes. Thanks all

I am not sure yet, but following a reboot having installed the link update, the SDK is running again. I'll let you know if that changes. Thanks all

and now on the second reboot, iCUE didnt start itself and SDK not working. I am going to try uninstalling link and see what happens after a couple reboots.

EDIT:

SDK is working following a reboot after uninstalling Link software. Time will tell if that was the culprit.

Thanks for the headsup and for updating this thread with your findings.

Unfortunately that wasn't the problem, or was not the only problem. I may PM you if that is alright CJ with a link to my CUE export. I exported it during a boot when the SDK would not start.

EDIT: I PM'd you log from when the SDK failed on boot. next restart...problem went away and it worked fine. Compared the CUELogs from a time I knew it worked and a the time it did not and it seemed to have the following difference right after it starts in the known failure log:

"2018-04-02T19:33:31 C cue.sdk: Failed to make connection at specified address."

Maybe that will be helpful in diagnosis. Thanks!

Archived