Corsair Community

Vengeance 2000 Microphone problem

Scrooge

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Ram Guy, I can also verify that this is a problem with Corsair Vengeance 2000 headsets, as I've noticed this on my headset as well. I'm assuming it has to do with the electrical flow from the wire into the headset causing interference for the microphone. I don't know if I was ignorant to this problem the first time around when I had my headset, but I had never noticed it until I had received my second pair after a RMA due to a cracked side.

I personally can live with this issue, but if Scrooge cannot, then attempt returning it for another pair.

Hi

I just bought mine and i have the same noise while charging. The thing is that while me hearing this sound is bearable my mates i talk to in teamspeak hear it as well when i talk and from what they say its even worse for them.

I also noticed that in teamspeak options where u can adjust the voiceactivation level that while the headset is not being charged the soundbar is low and only going up when u say something. As soon as u charge the headset the bar goes to a much higher level and u only need a whisper to activate the microphone.

For a headset in this pricerange this is quite a disappointment :(

• Corsair Employee
Hi

I just bought mine and i have the same noise while charging. The thing is that while me hearing this sound is bearable my mates i talk to in teamspeak hear it as well when i talk and from what they say its even worse for them.

I also noticed that in teamspeak options where u can adjust the voiceactivation level that while the headset is not being charged the soundbar is low and only going up when u say something. As soon as u charge the headset the bar goes to a much higher level and u only need a whisper to activate the microphone.

For a headset in this pricerange this is quite a disappointment :(

Do you have this same issue persist on a different machine?

My Vengeance 2000 is doing the same thing. Makes that exact same noise when charging while microphone is active. If the microphone is muted, it doesn't happen. Everything works fine when it is not charging. I love it so far except for this very annoying problem. I have tested on different PCs also.

I went with a more expensive headset to escape problems, but now there's this. I know 3 people with this headset and theirs doesn't do it. I've just learned that I'm very unlucky. I got my RMA number. I'm waiting until after the holidays to send it back. I won't be really angry unless I get another one that does it too.

Did we all buy from Amazon?

you got your rma already ? hmm i havent, (case #5402994) and the "best" thing now the joints on both sides begin to get cracks, the whole thing is falling apart and its only 3 weeks old. from what i read in this Forum this seems to happen quite often as well, i'm wondering if a refund wouldnt be the more clever idea :(

btw. i did buy from amazon as well.

• Corsair Employee
you got your rma already ? hmm i havent, (case #5402994) and the "best" thing now the joints on both sides begin to get cracks, the whole thing is falling apart and its only 3 weeks old. from what i read in this Forum this seems to happen quite often as well, i'm wondering if a refund wouldnt be the more clever idea :(

Your RMA was approved on 12/18. Check your spam folder for the automated email to proceed.

I'm refunding. Cracked as well above the right ear cup. It is just hanging by the wire basically.

I also have this problem, and i have found the problem. This sound only occur when i have my computer plugged into a ungrounded outlet, if i plug the computer into a grounded outlet it disappear. So you might want to check if your computer is plugged into an grounded or ungrounded outlet.

• Corsair Employee
I also have this problem, and i have found the problem. This sound only occur when i have my computer plugged into a ungrounded outlet, if i plug the computer into a grounded outlet it disappear. So you might want to check if your computer is plugged into an grounded or ungrounded outlet.

This may explain some of the issues that people see but we don't when we test it here in the labs.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought mine from Newegg, but either way I just found the problem. This noise only happens when your body, or the headset/wire comes in contact with a piece of metal. If I remove my feet from the iron/steel supports for my table, then the noise will cease until you touch your body against it again. This is an extremely strange issue... Is this how all headset are like, but I've simply never noticed?

Ram Guy, I would appreciate a response to this one.

Archived