Corsair Community

M65 Pro RGB stopped working after firmware upgrade

Shanti67

Hi

Today iCUE offered me to upgrade my M65 Pro RGB (CH-9300011-NA) firmware and I did. After the upgrade the mouse stopped working, Instead it appears as a USB storage device named "CRP DISABLED". The device contains one file firmware.bin dated 2/6/2009.

Help :bigeyes:

Thanks,

Shanti

Yeah, I had a problem with this as well and would advise caution. I was able to plug in my Glaive and keep trying. iCUE created a duplicate M65 in the device list with some garbled name, but that was the actual device. Lots of unplugging and replugging. Finally got it. First firmware update in a long time. Would like to know what it does, especially since there appears to be some risk.

Yep ! When i unplugged and replugged my M65 it's show me in the ICUE a other K70.

In other words i have a k70 that is actually the M65 mouse.

So you solve it only with unplugging and replugging it @c-attack ?

Unplugging and re-initiating the firmware upgrade. Fail. Unplug an try and again. Just brute force, no brains. Sorry.

I would be more inclined to unplug the device and force a shutdown (or exit of CUE) than to persist trying to update. Obviously if you got stuck halfway between and have a disabled mouse, that doesn't help and you might want to try the persistent approach. I think at this point the smarter play is back out and wait, if possible.

So what you need to do: i edit it only for M65 PRO

1: Unplug your mouse from the computer.

2: Locate the small pinhole underneath your mouse. For some, this will be located directly on the bottom in plain sight. On others, it will be located underneath one of the removable weights attached to the bottom of the mouse. ( THE TOP RIGHT )

3: Using a small paperclip or push-pin, press down on the button inside the pinhole.

4: Plug your mouse back into the computer, while holding down the pinhole button.

5: Once it is plugged back in, your computer should recognize a drive called CRP_Disabled. Please open this.

6: Download the files from the link below.

7: Delete the file FIRMWARE.BIN from the CRP_DISABLED drive, and then place the file with ISP in it’s name to the CRP_Disabled drive.

8: Once you have performed the steps above, please unplug your mouse and then plug it back in. The device will then return to normal.

I have the files for M65, https://files.fm/u/xpzdp5m8 !!!

(ALL COME FROM CORSAIR, NOT ME)

Edited by SimpleUser0

We are investigating this issue. We're not sure why it happened as we've tested the update process hundreds of times on multiple types of chipsets. As a precaution, we will pull this update for now.

Can you guys provide a firmware i can revert back to? I have the m65 NON pro. Thanks!

hiya guys same as happened to me purchased a scimitar pro rgb worked fine till i downloaded cue an it tried updating every time i put it in now get CPR disabld any help will be appreciated i have a brand new mouse i haven't used yet

cheers

hiya guys same as happened to me purchased a scimitar pro rgb worked fine till i downloaded cue an it tried updating every time i put it in now get CPR disabld any help will be appreciated i have a brand new mouse i haven't used yet

I am afraid there is a Scimitar thread as well. Carefully follow the directions in that one and I believe the Scimitar firmware file is attached within.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=179746

• 7 months later...
So what you need to do: i edit it only for M65 PRO

1: Unplug your mouse from the computer.

2: Locate the small pinhole underneath your mouse. For some, this will be located directly on the bottom in plain sight. On others, it will be located underneath one of the removable weights attached to the bottom of the mouse. ( THE TOP RIGHT )

3: Using a small paperclip or push-pin, press down on the button inside the pinhole.

4: Plug your mouse back into the computer, while holding down the pinhole button.

5: Once it is plugged back in, your computer should recognize a drive called CRP_Disabled. Please open this.

6: Download the files from the link below.

7: Delete the file FIRMWARE.BIN from the CRP_DISABLED drive, and then place the file with ISP in it’s name to the CRP_Disabled drive.

8: Once you have performed the steps above, please unplug your mouse and then plug it back in. The device will then return to normal.

I have the files for M65, https://files.fm/u/xpzdp5m8 !!!

(ALL COME FROM CORSAIR, NOT ME)

Can you update the link please?

• 2 months later...
Just spent an hour researching why my M65 RGB failed the firmware update over and over. It turns out that if you have your mouse plugged into the pass through port on your keyboard it will not work. If you are having this problem reboot your computer to get your mouse to show back up in iCue, plug your mouse directly into a rear usb port on your pc and try again. The firmware update was successful on the first try for me after doing this.

• 10 months later...
Hi

Today iCUE offered me to upgrade my M65 Pro RGB (CH-9300011-NA) firmware and I did. After the upgrade the mouse stopped working, Instead it appears as a USB storage device named "CRP DISABLED". The device contains one file firmware.bin dated 2/6/2009.

Help :bigeyes:

Thanks,

Shanti

i have this same issue please help