Corsair Community

What bay devices for 800D?

x509

I'm almost ready to "pop" for my next system, built around a 800D of course. :D:

I'm wondering what you guys all use the front drive bays for. Here is my plan, but I'm wondering if I have overlooked something (in no particular order):

1. DVD RW

2. Fan controller

3. CD/SD card reader + eSATA and USB

4. Exabyte VXA tape drive (for legacy use - will install only as needed)

5. ??

For a while I was trying to find a bay device that combined a fan controller and a CF and SD card reader. I did find a few such devices, but they all had lousy reviews, :[pouts: so I've given up on that idea.

I am going to watercool, but I'm pretty set on the Swiftech MicroRes, which does not occupy a drive bay.

Did I overlook anything obvious? :confused:

Thanks guys.

x509

The only problem with the 800D is that it looks too good to mess up with any bay devices. I compromised mine by adding a DVD, but I can't bring myself to add anything more.

I'm trying to find external devices to replace some of the things I've given up, (ECP, FAN controller, media slots).

I'd love it see a version with "stealth" bay doors that would allow installing devices without marring the good looks.

I think the Lian Li dvd drive covers I've fitted work and look very good:

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=83619

I've also changed my fan controller from a Skythe one to the Aqua Computer Aquaero one which also fits with the front panel very well.

I hat to see a good case spolit with loads of garish bay devices so know where you are coming from.

The only problem with the 800D is that it looks too good to mess up with any bay devices. I compromised mine by adding a DVD, but I can't bring myself to add anything more.

I mostly agree. For example, I truly need a CF card reader and some kind of fan controller. :o: But, but, but, those garish fan controllers with a zillion different colors :roll: or oversize knobs, naw, that's not for me.

I'm trying to find external devices to replace some of the things I've given up, (ECP, FAN controller, media slots).

I'd love it see a version with "stealth" bay doors that would allow installing devices without marring the good looks.

I would like to see stealth covers available from Corsair. Either that, or I'll end up hacking some of the covers and will probably need some spares.:D:

Take a look at the ZM MFC1 Plus for a fan controller. That's what i would use, because it also has a brushed finish.

Peter,

Thanks. Nice looking, but the specs don't say anything about automatic control of fan speeds based on temps. Also, my "ideal" fan controller has a touch-screen (which doesn't glow brightly ...)

thankx

x509

Archived