Corsair Community

Corsair Void

angusbeef

So I have been using Corsair headsets for about two years now starting with the h2100 wireless headset. I Will start by saying that i absolutely loved the h2100 headset. I owned 3 of them in that two year period because of mechanical failures, but i went out and bought another each time anyway.

Here we are today i purchased the Corsair void wireless headset, and i have been using it for a week now. Well I am going to say sadly im not impressed. I will say they are insanely comfortable, the lighting is nice, but i disabled it for better battery life. Which is the other big positive i have about the Void gaming headset. The battery life is outstanding.

However, there are some drawbacks that have left me feeling truly underwhelmed. The range of the headset is less than half of the 2100's. While i used to be able to walk my trashcan out to the end of the driveway and listen to my teamspeak, with the void i lose connection midway through the living room. My other big complaint, and this is the biggest one, The microphone is terrible. So much so i hopped into teamspeak and people said WTF happened to your mic? It is insanely quiet, the quality sounds terrible, and for some reason with this headset i have no ability to boost the mic via the windows options, or the corsair software.

Unfortunately as a conclusion instead of suggesting this headset to numerous friends like i did with the 2100's I will not be doing so, and i am left feeling like i should have just bought another cheaper 2100. I have so many corsair products, and this is the first one to truly let me down.

Archived