Corsair Community

Need help with 7700K and ROG 7270F mobo

vgbaron

I've been reading a bunch of threads and have gotten myself thoroughly confused. I just built a new system witrh 7700K and the ROG Z270F mobo. I installed an H100i v2 cooler in a HAF X case.

My problem is that, no matter what I have tried so far, the fan speed doesn't change - it stays around 1738rpm even when cpu core temps get up to 80C.

The pump is plugged into the cpu fan header and the cooler fans are plugged into the pump. Pump seems to stay at 2750rpm.

I tried setting PWM in Q fan on the cpu fan. I tried setting manual 100% and nothing seems to affect the fan speed.

FWIW, at the cpu at turbo 4.6ghz the core temps at idle are about 33C.

I have had three or four corsair coolers through the years and have never had this problem.

I think I've attached the info you need but I need some help getting this cooler to work properly.

Second question - This system is primarily for flight simulation and, as such, every cpu cycle is precious. How badly will the CL software overhead affect my performance and should I just disable it and run manually?

I appreciate the help.

Vic

initial.thumb.jpg.0b328a73dc080cc642000a62055bcede.jpg

Sensordbg.thumb.jpg.834e74fd961e10cf69c8a559eb4b46ae.jpg

CLink.thumb.jpg.361fabcb4aa6007b18ea9981fecc9f48.jpg

1. I've been reading a bunch of threads and have gotten myself thoroughly confused. I just built a new system witrh 7700K and the ROG Z270F mobo. I installed an H100i v2 cooler in a HAF X case.
  2. My problem is that, no matter what I have tried so far, the fan speed doesn't change - it stays around 1738rpm even when cpu core temps get up to 80C.
  3. The pump is plugged into the cpu fan header and the cooler fans are plugged into the pump. Pump seems to stay at 2750rpm.
  4. I tried setting PWM in Q fan on the cpu fan. I tried setting manual 100% and nothing seems to affect the fan speed.
  5. FWIW, at the cpu at turbo 4.6ghz the core temps at idle are about 33C.
  6. I have had three or four corsair coolers through the years and have never had this problem.
  7. I think I've attached the info you need but I need some help getting this cooler to work properly.
  8. Second question - This system is primarily for flight simulation and, as such, every cpu cycle is precious. How badly will the CL software overhead affect my performance and should I just disable it and run manually?

1. Add your PC specs to your profile rather than posting them.
  2. In CL4 click on the H110iV2 fan and setup a Custom Curve. Post a screen shot of what you set.
  3. In CL4 click on the H110iV2 pump and I suspect quiet mode is fast enough. Post a screen shot of what you set.
  4. You should/must disable Q-Fan and set 100% so the H100iV2 get's the constant +12 volts it needs.
  5. Which Windows power scheme do you have set and what is the room/case temperature.
  6. Which other coolers? Is the H100iV2 top exhaust and if not what is it?
  7. You did better than many.
  8. CL4 uses an excessive amount of CPU time given what it does. Well written software would do the same and use < 5% of what CL4 uses, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166495.

1. Add your PC specs to your profile rather than posting them.
  2. In CL4 click on the H110iV2 fan and setup a Custom Curve. Post a screen shot of what you set.
  3. In CL4 click on the H110iV2 pump and I suspect quiet mode is fast enough. Post a screen shot of what you set.
  4. You should/must disable Q-Fan and set 100% so the H100iV2 get's the constant +12 volts it needs.
  5. Which Windows power scheme do you have set and what is the room/case temperature.
  6. Which other coolers? Is the H100iV2 top exhaust and if not what is it?
  7. You did better than many.
  8. CL4 uses an excessive amount of CPU time given what it does. Well written software would do the same and use < 5% of what CL4 uses, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166495.

1) Done

2& 3 will get to tonight

4) By disable QFan - set CPU Fan to PWM and option to manual at 100%?

5) Custom power - always on but monitor will sleep in 15 minutes - I do shut down when finished

6) Standard HAFX case fans in top, front, side and back + H100iV2. I have always mounted cooler at top but fans are intake. My case flow is intake from top, thru H100iV2, the two H100 fans, there is intake fan in front and side panel. Exhaust fan in back, PSU exhaust fan also and two GPU exhaust fans. Ambient room is typically 23-25C

7) I do try to read a little before posting.

8) It seems that if I NEED a control program, your SIV might be my best bet.

How do I use auto numbered lists?

I appreciate the help - will try to get back to you with the fan changes asap.

Vic

4. Yes, I post this several times per week at least, but every motherboard is slightly different

6. Post in the cooling section as ask, I prefer top + exhaust, but don't know what is best for the HAF-X

8. Read http://rh-software.com/Using%20SIV%20to%20Control%20Corsair%20Link%20Hardware.pdf first

[noparse]

1. ...
  2. ...

[/noparse], see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/misc.php?do=bbcode

6. I've always had very good cooling in the HAF X doing it that way.

8. Since I plan to use SIV for H100i and chassis fan control, I'm thinking disable Qfan for all and set them up in SIV.

9. Considering that I'd think setting fan profiles in CL4 redundant so I'll set them up in SIV and post back.

10. Unless you caution against that.

a few more clarifications please -

Since I am only interested in having the H100iV2 fan and pump speed respond on a curve -

1. Should I use the CPU Core 0 as the reference for both items? I would think so .

2. After initial setup and save, does SIV need to be run in startup or is there an autostart setting. I looked but didn't spot one.

Thanx,

Vic

1. Should I use the CPU Core 0 as the reference for both items? I would think so .

2. After initial setup and save, does SIV need to be run in startup

3. Is there an autostart setting. I looked but didn't spot one.

1. You could, but I advise against this as the fans would keep changing speed for no good reason. Use the default which is the H100iV2 coolant temperature.
  2. SIV needs to be running in -AIOCTL mode for SIV control things.
  3. Look in the guide for the Starting SIV automatically section.
  4. If you need help with setting up the fan/pump control points post [Link Fans].
  5. In general if you need help post screen shots.

I plan on overclocking this system further and want the most cooling I can get with this unit. The pump is extremely quiet even at performance mode. I haven't been able to get the water temp much above 30C even with some stress testing so the fans also stay very quiet.

lookup attached.

SIV_Lookup.thumb.jpg.5eb16093c4d69c9d21d23e0e9437e5c4.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=28332&d=1490329884

As I suspected SIV is not operating as designed as it can't find all the files :sigh!:.

Read http://rh-software.com/Using%20SIV%20to%20Control%20Corsair%20Link%20Hardware.pdf again and then do what it specifies, Extract SIV.zip into C:\Program Files\SIV\ or similar :asskick:.

I have no idea as to why you just put SIV64X.exe into C:\Users\Vic\Desktop\System Tools\. Delete it and stop being silly :(:.

Having done this post a new [sIV Lookup] so I can check SIV is operating as designed. It should look similar to ad below.

attachment.php?attachmentid=28333&stc=1&d=1490341510

1735744974_SIVLookup.thumb.png.a422a1507e88ea1fd660d14acedcac66.png

Yes, I see the logos for Corsair, etc. Now I'll see how the fan & pump profiles work out. I am a bit puzzled by one thing though, using the water temp as the reference. It would seem that the water temp would be the slowest to reflect significant heat rise.

I think I'll drop the temp trigger and increase fan speed - I had to run the cpu at almost 80C for 20 minutes to get the water temp above 30C.

Actually, it appears the the H100iV2 s doing it's job and very quietly so I guess I should shut up and be happy.

Again, I appreciate your guidance, thank you.

Vic

Yes, it is the slowest and as I said before there is no need to speed things up 'till the coolant is warm.

OK, if the coolant is say 30°C rather than 25°C the CPU could around 80°C rather than 75°C, but reducing the 50°C difference is what you should focus on, basically the heat transfer from the CPU to the pump block.

Archived