Corsair Community

600T Vibrating Side Panel Driving Me Crazy

spencer1990

If the vibration is constant look for something contacting the door like a connector, cable...etc. or a wobbling fan.

If it's intermittent did you leave a CD/DVD in your optical drive by chance?

I've found the biggest vibration challenge in any case is from optical drives spinning up.

due to CD/DVDs not being perfectly flat.

I remember being driven nuts by my PC once when it vibrated for 30 sec or so everytime I booted up. Took out a slightly warped CD I left in the tray and vibration was gone..LOL

Try swapping the left and right side panels, they seem to be interchangeable.

I remember after putting my 600T back together that the left panel seemed tighter..slightly harder to open

and close than when I first test opened and closed the panel a few times...(testing the cool door latches when I first got the case)

Then I realized that I swapped the left and right by mistake. I swapped them back and the left panel felt how it was before. Odd thing was the right side was the same with either panel. I looked if there were any gaps anywhere in the fit with either panel...therefore I concluded

that the left and right panels are swappable. Yours may be like mine was the other panel might be slightly tighter installed on that side

and may solve your vibration problem.

• 1 year later...

I realize this thread is a bit old now but did you ever figure this out? Did a replacement door do the trick?

I just built out a new system with a 600T and I'm getting what can best be described as a "pulsing" vibration sound. It takes a minute or so after I put the door on for it to start and then it pulses every 1 or 2 seconds. If I touch the right side door it will stop but will then start up again.

No idea what is causing it - I do have 4 HDDs in the drive cages and 1 optical drive, but the optical isn't spinning, nothing loaded in it now.

The platform the case is sitting on is a couple of 2x4s to get it off the carpet.

• 1 month later...
this freaking noise is absolutely driving me insane! trying to work and having that noise ticking away makes me want to drop-kick my pc. my sound is coming from the front panel at the bottom. i've tried all kinds of things to stop it....nothing works. probably need try and tighten the fan screws or something? i'm running out of ideas.

Archived