Corsair Community

Firmware Update / Recovering Data

MandaMarieCT

I have a Corsair Survivor GTR 64 GB. I have done research through the forum and think it needs the firmware update...but the issues I have are this: 1: my computer doesn't recognize that the USB drive is even plugged in. The light just flashes blue. I have tried five different computers, and have tried it on Windows Vista as well as Windows 7. 2: I have data I need to recover off the USB drive before I can even consider running the firmware update. Is there any way around this to recover the material?? If the USB drive isn't recognized, can I even get the firmware update completed??

Sorry if this all sounds ignorant - I really don't know a whole lot about USB drives. Thanks!

Amanda :o:

• Corsair Employee
I am sorry but there is no way to recover the data. And the Firmware utility will secure erase the drive as part of the update. I would try the update and see if it will bring the drive back but for sure the data is lost sorry!

• 1 month later...
  • Corsair Employee
Please check in device manage and see if its listing it as OTHER or Unknown device if it is there is a good chance the firmware will see the drive and update it. But if not then please use the link on the left and request an RMA and we will be happy to replace it.

Archived