Corsair Community

Sabre RGB dead - Opens folder with firmware.bin but the sabre bin files are too large

Castiel1626865981

Sorry for the giant title [?] and the probably messy english.

So, thanks to some heavy rain my computer turned off [there was no lightning, the light just turned off for some seconds, sadly it's normal here] and when I turned it on again, the mouse was dead.

It would only show this folder

unknown.png

I tried to search for a solution. People often would say "Oh all I needed was a new file, they sent it with the ticket". So I tried to do the same. The English support told me to use the Brazilian support. The Brazilian support said "Sorry you can't prove that you paid for this 2~3 y'o mouse so we will not help you", even thought I said I didn't want a refund or get a new mouse for free, I just wanted the Bin file. Anyway... :(:

A single time the "holding buttons" technique worked, but after a system restart it was dead again, this time for good. So I really needed the files.

Thanks to this topic, I found what I assumed to be the correct Bin files and tried to replace the firmware.bin.

But... There's no enough space for both.

unknown.png

I tried using one at time, doing the "Use a needle to hold the reset button while plugging/after adding the new files" each time, also the "Hold the left and right mouse buttons while plugging the mouse", still same result, always the same folder with the same firmware.bin and no sign of the files I just dropped inside.

I also tried downloading iCUE, but it has no idea that I have a mouse.

unknown.png

So I can't use the files to try and force an update.

I have no idea what to do anymore. There's no reason to be a hardware problem since the mouse was working just fine before the computer shut down. Any lights? =(

Archived