Corsair Community

Corssair Vengeance RGB Pro Lighting issues

Mussels

I've had a perfectly working setup with the RGB vengeance pro, upgraded motherboard (same OS/software/CPU etc - simply a change in board) and now all of a sudden the lighting for the ram is behaving very strange.

Icue 3.7.99

RAM Firmware shows as V.?

In Hardware control mode, the lighting starts and then simply freezes - so some LED's will have partially lit up (often with the wrong color) and others may stay off. This varies randomly based on when it freezes and what lighting mode was chosen

In software mode, the lighting eventually comes back after a minute or two of delay and behaves normally

The board i upgraded to is the Aorus AX370-Gaming 5 with a ryzen 2700x

Is there a known issue with gigabyte/aorus boards and any known fixes? I dont have any motherboard/RGB software installed

I found that other post from someone who had it working on this board, so it should be the same here as well

i'll see what i can turn up, but anyone with the same or similar gigabyte boards i'd love to hear if you've had it working in hardware mode

• 2 months later...
I have a corsair vengeance rgb pro and a gigabyte x470 aorus gaming 5, and i have the same problem icue dosent detect any devices, i tried unistalling icue and rgb fusion but it didint work only work sometimes with rgb fusion but sometimes it desynchronized, i need help

I have a corsair vengeance rgb pro and a gigabyte x470 aorus gaming 5, and i have the same problem icue dosent detect any devices, i tried unistalling icue and rgb fusion but it didint work only work sometimes with rgb fusion but sometimes it desynchronized, i need help

update the BIOS - i've got the x370 gaming 5, and the update that included agesa 1.0.0.6 fixed it and i have hardware lighting for the first time ever on this board

all links working here

https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/GA-AX370-Gaming-5-rev-10#support-dl-bios

You might need to try downloading on another machine/device, you've got something blocking the download.

edit: you have the x470, so that links no good. sorry.

I update my mobo with de F4b id think (the las x470) update And my ram works the icue works perfect! Thanks a lot!

• 1 year later...

Going to dig up an old thread. (Thank Google for finding it)

ASUS Tuf Gaming x570-Plus (WI-FI)

BIOS Version 2607

Ryzen 7 3700X

P/S EVGA 650

Corsair Vengeance 2x16 32GB 3200 kit times 2 for 64GB total -CMW32GX4M2C3200C16 - On the QVL list for compatibility from ASUS

Windows 10 pro Fully updated

MSI 2060

ICUE Version 3.32.80

SSD 500GB Samsung 860 EVO

Base system specs

# 1. RGB lighting effect randomly stops and starts leading to a total freeze of the lighting effect, Leading to a little red triangle on the memory icon in ICUE. Only a Reboot will clear out the cache and the lighting effect will work for about an hour then it is wash rinse repeat.

Did force update to Firmware on memory

Checked for SPD But ASUS calls it differently in BIOS so I am unsure what and where it is at.

Uninstalled all other RGB software

Updated BIOS

Rolled back BIOS

Reset BIOS

Fresh install of 10 on a new drive

RMA the memory (Thinking it was bad) Same issue with 4 different sticks

Removed 2 sticks

Left one stick in

Swapped stick location

Is this a compatibility issue with the ASUS TUF Gaming board? Been chasing this issue for 2 weeks now.

• 10 months later...

I have been working with Corsair and the issue with the RGB on my RAM has been fixed.

It is due to a compatibility issue with Aura Sync in Asus. Uninstall everything Aura Sync specific and delete the registry files associated with Aura Sync. I have not had an issue in three days and my PC is on 13 hours a day.

I have the troubleshooting and correction steps if you need them in an email chain.

I have been working with Corsair and the issue with the RGB on my RAM has been fixed.

It is due to a compatibility issue with Aura Sync in Asus. Uninstall everything Aura Sync specific and delete the registry files associated with Aura Sync. I have not had an issue in three days and my PC is on 13 hours a day.

I have the troubleshooting and correction steps if you need them in an email chain.

yeah I have two machines that are fairly close in hardware and both machines stopped controlling the vengeance ram recently after icue updated... so i'm going to point the finger at corsair this time. I uninstalled the latest update and reinstalled v 4.12.214 and it immediately started working again.

So the bug is on corsair and don't let them tell you otherwise lol

Edited by DOTTAT